Author Topic: Just grabbed Eddie Vedder Tix on Ticketmaster  (Read 3078 times)

eltee

Re: Just grabbed Eddie Vedder Tix on Ticketmaster
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2008, 11:33:00 am »
How was the show - it was this past weekend right?

Bags

« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2008, 11:42:00 am »
It was great.  I went on Sunday on a ticket I bought Friday from Ticketmaster (Row M, right orchestra).  Show was 2.5 hours, the second half was particularly good.  Apparently Sunday was a better crowd than Saturday, in that the Saturday crowd was rowdy -- not in a good way, but in a heckling/"frat dudes yelling out stoopid stuff" way.  [I'm not surprised that a Saturday crowd was rowdier, though.]

I know little of the solo material, and still I thought it was a really special show.

If Eddie's chatting or perspective bug you, it would NOT have been the show for you.  Although I did not find it heavy on the proselytizing, but Eddie was a chatty Cathy.

Bags

« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2008, 11:43:00 am »
August 17, 2008, Washington DC, Warner Theatre
 Ed solo tour - opening: Liam Finn

Set list: Sometimes, Trouble, Girl from North Country, Around the Bend, I am Mine, I'm Open, Man of the Hour, Setting Forth, No Ceiling, Guaranteed, Far Behind, Rise, You're True, Driftin', If you want to Sing Out Sing Out, Forever Young, Porch

1st encore: Here's to the State, Blackbird, Society (w/ Liam Finn), Throw your arms Around Me (w/ Liam Finn), No More, Arc

2nd encore: All Along the Watchtower (w/ Brendan Canty of Fugazi, who was filming the show until Eddie asked him to hit the skins on just one song), Hard Sun (w/ Liam Finn and EJ Barnes)

« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2008, 11:45:00 am »
More importantly, how was Liam Finn?

heather

« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2008, 11:59:00 am »
i was also at the show sunday and completely agree with bags.  i'm relieved i didn't go saturday based on what i've heard/read.  we were in row p on the aisle, and my only real complaint were the drunks next to us who couldn't sit still and wouldn't stop talking until a song ended so that they could applaud.  it was a wonderful show, and i'm glad i decided to go.

we got there about halfway through liam finn's set.  i'd never heard his music, but i must say, i was quite impressed by his performance with eliza-jane.  i'd probably make an effort to see 'em again.

Relaxer

« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2008, 12:18:00 pm »
Do you know if the "Throw Your Arms Around Me" was the Hunters & Collectors song or something else?
oword

heather

« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2008, 01:34:00 pm »
relaxer-- yup, that's it.

Relaxer

« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2008, 02:16:00 pm »
Man, that's a great song. I haven't heard it in probably 20 years though. Going to have to look for some H&C music.
oword

eltee

« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2008, 04:19:00 pm »
Wow, that's a great setlist. Wish I had gone, but a little pricey and I was exhausted from my weekend away. Anyhow, 2.5 hours - I guess he was chatty since he could have zipped through the songs alone.
 I didn't know Liam was opening...I like him okay, but that woman, not so much. Haven't been to Warner in ions, and not for music, how is it? (this wasn't an IMP show was it?)

Bags

« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2008, 05:06:00 pm »
The Warner is a Live Nation venue...  I thought the place was great for the show.  You can see from everywhere, the sound is good.  I've seen quite a few shows there, and I rate them highly based on venue.

RustyOrgan

« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2008, 09:58:00 am »
I would have loved to have gone...  :(   (too expensive!)