Author Topic: Fall Out boy electric factory vs 9:30 ?  (Read 2298 times)

Dr. United

Fall Out boy electric factory vs 9:30 ?
« on: December 16, 2006, 05:35:00 pm »
Hello everyone im a new member. I have a question.

At the electric factory in philly theres a fall out boy show the day before the one in 9:30. On ticket master it shows just fall out boy.

Now for the show at 9;30 theres other bands. But fall out boy is featured.

If you can go to one show would the philly show be better because its only fob?
 Would they play more songs?

Thanks a lot .

Re: Fall Out boy electric factory vs 9:30 ?
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2006, 06:01:00 pm »
Yes, they would play more songs in Philly, making the 9:30 Club show he better show.

Vas Deferens

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2006, 06:50:00 pm »
"Unlike the band's arena-laden schedule from earlier this year, the "Friends and Enemies" tour--which also features New Found Glory, Early November and Permanent Me--will focus on clubs and small theaters."

Soooooo, expect those bands to play in Philly as well...
(_|_)

Tom Servo

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2006, 06:51:00 pm »
Also possible the Philly openers aren't set yet.

kurosawa-b/w

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2006, 08:17:00 pm »
Given the choice between the two venues, the 9:30 Club is the clear winner even if the set is shorter (which I doubt). It's just the better venue.

thingsfallapart

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2006, 08:20:00 pm »
Originally posted by Steny Hoyer, Pubic Destroyer:
  Yes, they would play more songs in Philly, making the 9:30 Club show he better show.
LOL

chokeychicken

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2006, 11:40:00 pm »
the same bands will play both shows.  the exception is lifetime, which is the only band on this tour worth going to see.  but since you're a fall out boy fan, you probably have no idea what i'm talking about.

so as far as you care, FOB, Permanent Me, and Early November are playing both the Philly and DC show.  

the electric factory, however, is one of the worst clubs to see a show on the east coast.  while the 9:30 club is one of the best.

your decision.

Dr. United

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2006, 04:47:00 am »
Thanks for all the replys.

I have actually never been to a concert. Im 17 lol... yea i know.

Anyways i got on 10 am this morning and the tix were already sold out. So now i need fob tix. I guess im gonna go to 9:30 since its closer and better.

So the time will be the same between both venues?

ayates

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2006, 06:28:00 am »
Originally posted by chokeychicken:
  the same bands will play both shows.  the exception is lifetime, which is the only band on this tour worth going to see.  but since you're a fall out boy fan, you probably have no idea what i'm talking about.

so as far as you care, FOB, Permanent Me, and Early November are playing both the Philly and DC show.  

the electric factory, however, is one of the worst clubs to see a show on the east coast.  while the 9:30 club is one of the best.

your decision.
What are you talking about?  The Electric Factory is a great venue.  Have you even been there?  Sure, it's not the best place to go but it's certainly not the worst.  It has been around a lot longer than the 9:30 Club in a city with a lot more places to choose from so I would not be so hasty in calling it one of the worst venues on the East Coast.

PigIron

« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2006, 11:32:00 am »
Originally posted by ayates:

your decision.
What are you talking about?  The Electric Factory is a great venue.  Have you even been there?  Sure, it's not the best place to go but it's certainly not the worst.  It has been around a lot longer than the 9:30 Club in a city with a lot more places to choose from so I would not be so hasty in calling it one of the worst venues on the East Coast. [/b]
Has the Electric Factory been around that long?  I saw Sonic Youth there in the early-mid 90s and I think that was one of the first big shows.  Correct me on this if I'm wrong here.  You can't count the 60-70s version though.
 Anyway - not a bad place to see a show at all but not great either.  Its a big warehouse that doesn't  come close to the sound/service/intimacy of the 9:30.

chokeychicken

« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2006, 04:10:00 pm »

your decision.
What are you talking about?  The Electric Factory is a great venue.  Have you even been there?  [/b]
of course i've never been there.  i love making opinions before experiencing things for myself!

soundnova

« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2006, 06:01:00 pm »
I was there for the first time a few weeks ago. Not a bad place to see a show.

ayates

« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2006, 06:45:00 pm »

your decision.
What are you talking about?  The Electric Factory is a great venue.  Have you even been there?  [/b]
of course i've never been there.  i love making opinions before experiencing things for myself! [/b]
Your complaint about it is what exactly?

you be betty

• flickr.com/photos/youbebetty
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2006, 07:53:00 pm »
but I think the real answer here is that neither is a better show...