Author Topic: The Faint last night? anyone?  (Read 1998 times)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
The Faint last night? anyone?
« on: August 17, 2008, 12:58:00 pm »
anyone catch the faint last night?  thoughts?

i'm considering seeing them tonight in philly.  i like their music and i understand they put on a good live show.
<sig>

betlbum2

Re: The Faint last night? anyone?
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2008, 02:02:00 pm »
Great show, definitely go see them. You won't be disappointed at all. Also very down to earth dudes and very nice.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2008, 12:10:00 am »
excellent show, recommended for fans of the dance-punk genre.  it was my first show at the trocadero.  very nice venue.  people were going ape crap, place got hot and sweaty fast.  been a long time since i've been in such a sweat-box.  walls were dripping - i wrote "save me" with my finger in the condensation.  walked out of there a sweaty mess - always a plus when you have a 45 minute drive home.  good times.
<sig>

Vas Deferens

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2008, 12:50:00 am »
the new album is crap.
(_|_)

ebeniezer

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2008, 03:31:00 pm »
worked the show, thought the band was gifted musically and entertaining to watch (especially the lights)

MindCage

• Mindless Faith
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2008, 03:38:00 pm »
I really enjoyed the show, up until the guy told me to be quiet while I was in the back of the venue to talk to someone. Oh no! You're at a public venue hanging in the back...don't be a pussy if you're that much a fan of the band! Get up close so you don't have to worry about douchebags like me talking to someone for a few minutes while the band is playing.

Other than that, fantastic show, great light show as well. They've come a long way since their stripped down show they did at the Cat in 2001.

MindCage
 Mindless Faith
 Deep6 Productions
3MTA3

eatitwithmatt

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2008, 02:02:00 am »
little late on this one but thought they put on an excellent show

i was up at the top as the friend i was with was too short to see them in the pit.  such is life.

thumbs up for the faint.

kurosawa-b/w

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2008, 08:24:00 am »
I've seen The Faint 4 times now, and I think this was one of their strongest shows. Terrific big sound and energy. Great light show. I had a great time. Once again, I was glad I was in the balcony because crowds at The Faint get pretty rowdy. The 2nd opener Jaguar Love was terrible though. The singer's energy, shrieking and over the top gestures were completely inappropriate for the music of the band. I was glad I had earplugs and could tune them out.

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2008, 10:01:00 am »
Saw The Faint last night and taking cues from others that had seen them ventured to the upstairs of Terminal 5. This was the last night of their tour and they were really excited. They commented the last time they were in NYC they played Webster Hall at the MotherF***er Party.

They also made note that it was the biggest venue they had ever played and were glad to see it was filled to the rim. The crowd was pretty insane with mosh pits breaking out throughout the show, plenty of people tossed out for crowd surfing.

The light show was pretty amazing, and they were just phenomenal live. Everyone was dancing on stage non-stop and even on the third floor it was plenty energetic. Finishing off with The Geeks Were Right and then Paranoiattack was just awesome. Right before the encore they played Worked Up So Sexual and the place just went crazy. I must say the crowd was awesome, but I was just glad I was able to enjoy the show from above. And Im beginning really like the songs off of Fasciinatiion.

While I detest Terminal 5 for so many reasons, at least they got their soundsystem in working order and bands there sounded great. Right about now Im regretting not wearing earplugs, my ears are still ringing  :(  

The openers were New York's own: Antipop Consortium and Shy Child. I preferred Shy Child and have seen them a handful of times but Antipop Consortium were good as well. APC's set at 45 min seemed a bit long when Shy Child who was touring with them only played for 20.
HeyLa