Author Topic: dizzee rascal roll call  (Read 1917 times)

lbcardoni

dizzee rascal roll call
« on: April 24, 2005, 03:29:00 pm »
anybody going?

HoyaSaxa03

Re: dizzee rascal roll call
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2005, 09:13:00 pm »
definitely ... can't wait ... anyone know who the opener is?
(o|o)

TomJaworski

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2005, 12:13:00 pm »
I'd love to. Dizzee was fantastic when he opened for The Streets. So many shows this week though, some must be cut...

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2005, 12:46:00 am »
ooooooyyyy!!!

dizzee ripped shit up tonight, as could be expected ... his flow is so fucking tight, i'm just waiting for him to make some big guest appearance on a major US album and have him blow up ... he puts twista to fucking shame

dj wonder played tons of UK grime/drumn'bass, perfect intro for dizzee, unfortunately he didnt come out for another half hour or so, until all his red bulls and water bottles were set up

things i noticed:  as per all the mag articles on him, dizzee fucking loves US hip-hop and really wants to be accepted here ... on his two biggest tracks ("fix up look sharp" and "dream") the DJ threw down both some biggy smalls and fat joe on the verses and it worked so seamlessly, so perfect ... but also so unecessary, just came off as kinda forced ...

dizzee's flow just dominated the night, i maybe understood 5% of what he was saying, and that was plenty ... any of the songs where he was actually enunciating just kinda dragged on and sucked, and the songs where he just let his flow take over were unreal

just having another album under his belt made his show so much better than the last opening gig for the streets, much more diverse material and he looked a lot more comfortable controlling the stage and the crowd

dj wonder had some of the dirtiest and deepest bass i have ever heard at 930 ... played some really interesting stuff, almost like a UK version of crunk, and then veered into deep drumn'bass before dizzee's set

club was EMPTY around 9pm, maybe filled to half-full by showtime, but the first few rows were really into it

wot!!!
(o|o)

TomJaworski

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2005, 09:34:00 am »
just having another album under his belt made his show so much better than the last opening gig for the streets, much more diverse material and he looked a lot more comfortable controlling the stage and the crowd  
I definitely agree with that. Dizzee had a much-improved stage performance this time around. So glad I decided to go. I figured the crowd wouldn't be huge so I could get up close and see Dizzee Diz do his thing. Anybody know what the second song he performed was (the one after "Sittin Here")? Is that off of "Showtime"?
 I don't know that one as well as "Boy in Da Corner".

joeavrage

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2005, 11:12:00 am »
So what was the deal with the patdowns on the way in? Were there problems at the last show?

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2005, 11:53:00 am »
Originally posted by My Cat Can DJ:
  So what was the deal with the patdowns on the way in? Were there problems at the last show?
good question ... i think i remember being patted down at other hip-hop shows at 930, but i could be wrong ...
(o|o)

sonickteam2

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2005, 12:01:00 pm »
Originally posted by HoyaSaxa03:

Originally posted by My Cat Can DJ:
good question ... i think i remember being patted down at other hip-hop shows at 930, but i could be wrong ... [/b]
perhaps the 930 club are racists....

BookerT

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2005, 12:06:00 pm »
maybe it was requested by dizzee. wasn't he stabbed after a gig a while back?

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2005, 12:33:00 pm »
Originally posted by BookerT:
  maybe it was requested by dizzee. wasn't he stabbed after a gig a while back?
he was stabbed on some mediterranean island on holiday shortly before his debut release ... there were some rumblings that it was set up for publicity
(o|o)

Ravens98

« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2005, 12:37:00 pm »
Maybe it's for safety reasons or to prevent tagging in the club or well yes because the club is definitely racist.  Just look at the show line ups.  Clear racism right there for you.

sonickteam2

« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2005, 12:39:00 pm »
Originally posted by Ravens98:
  Just look at the show line ups.  Clear racism right there for you.
lol

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2005, 12:41:00 pm »
Originally posted by Ravens98:
  Maybe it's for safety reasons or to prevent tagging in the club or well yes because the club is definitely racist.  Just look at the show line ups.  Clear racism right there for you.
clearly you don't know sonick and his penchant for facetiously mentioning old threads ... isn't he funny!!
(o|o)

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2005, 06:27:00 am »
So all these hip hop artists....how do they do a concert? It must be a who's who of hip hop on stage because they can't seem to produce a song without 'featuring' some other hip hop artist.....and I mean in general, not just this dizzy bloke.