Author Topic: CD Cellar in Clarendon  (Read 1460 times)

Chip Chanko

CD Cellar in Clarendon
« on: April 04, 2004, 05:55:00 pm »
Anyone see that CD Cellar is opening up a store in Clarendon? It's going into one of the sections of the old Rainbow Thrift building on Wilson. Cool to see there'll be something here to fill the void left by Now! (and Go!). Maybe they'll change the name to "CD Cellar!" to stick with the trend.

eltee

Re: CD Cellar in Clarendon
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2004, 08:18:00 pm »
Originally posted by Chip Chanko:
  Anyone see that CD Cellar is opening up a store in Clarendon? It's going into one of the sections of the old Rainbow Thrift building on Wilson. Cool to see there'll be something here to fill the void left by Now! (and Go!). Maybe they'll change the name to "CD Cellar!" to stick with the trend.
Anyone ever been the Cd Cellar location in Leesburg?

Chip Chanko

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2004, 09:15:00 pm »
I didn't know there was one out there. I've only been the the Falls Church store.

eltee

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2004, 12:03:00 am »
Originally posted by Chip Chanko:
  I didn't know there was one out there. I've only been the the Falls Church store.
I didn't either until I found a comprehensive site for music, record stores, venues, etc. in the DC area. I tried the site just now and it's not working - www.readyguide.com.
 Anyway, here's the info: 302-A Industrial Court, Leesburg, VA 703-669-6730. When I called a couple of months ago, they told me they have the same stock as the Falls Church location, except dvd/vhs/games.

bellenseb

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2004, 01:58:00 pm »
Where is the Rainbow Thrift building, exactly, on Wilson?
 This is great news. CD Cellar has lots of good deals, especially in their $1.99 and "Slighty scratched" sections.

hemisphire

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2004, 02:15:00 pm »
No, no, no - don't go to Leesburg!  I made the trek out there once last year, and they only had about 20% of the stock of the one in Falls Church.  I hope the one in Clarendon would get better stuff since it's so close to the original.

ggw

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2004, 02:48:00 pm »
I've only been to the Leesburg store once and they definitely had less overall selection.  However, their "cutout" section was much better than Falls Church.  I picked up about a dozen $1-$2 albums.

Chip Chanko

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2004, 02:57:00 pm »
It's on Wilson across from the "U Like Good Taste Gourment" and next to Bob Peck's Used cars...basically about a block closer to courthouse on the other side of the street from Galaxy Hut. There's already a shoe store, a dog store, and a vase store in there.

I hope it's well stocked because it's close to my apartment. I miss walking to Now!.

bellenseb

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2004, 03:42:00 pm »
Awesome. Can't wait for it to open.

That's a interesting group of stores. There's one there that has about seven random knick-knacks in it. If they can make the rent, hopefully CD Cellar can.