Author Topic: Foo Figthers  (Read 1990 times)

Barcelona

Foo Figthers
« on: September 16, 2006, 10:46:00 pm »
I was watching an old Saturday Night Live on Sony Entertainment and the Foo Figthers played one song. I think are the worst band I have ever heard, by far. Really awful, I can't understand how successful they are.

Cock Van Der Palm

Re: Foo Figthers
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2006, 12:11:00 am »
You would be wrong.

Barcelona

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2006, 12:58:00 am »
Originally posted by jeffml:
  You would be wrong.
I'm not sure, I can't think of any band that might be worse, not even U2, Guided by Voices, or Bloc Party. Will keep looking for.

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2006, 01:43:00 am »
I have heard (somewhat of a quote by one of the people who help run this forum) "there are only two types of music, music I like and music I don't like".  The operative word in the whole equations is "I".
FUKIT

anarchist

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2006, 01:51:00 am »
agreed, they suck.  first LP was good.  if you saw them at the black cat early on it was magic.  it is time for them to quit.

Cock Van Der Palm

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2006, 05:54:00 am »
I agree with you Rat.

On this forum some people express their hatred for bands for the sole reason that the particular band is main stream.  I think this particulars poster's comments:

"'Im not sure, I can't think of any band that might be        worse, not even U2, Guided by Voices, or Bloc Party" speaks for itself.

Unless of course the guy is just being facetious.

Herr Professor Doktor Doom

• my blog
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2006, 11:09:00 am »
Ya know, in my opinion, the Foo Fighters aren't bad, but they're also not great.  Their music just isn't that imaginative, and some of the stuff they play would have fit in seamlessly on mainstream rock stations of the late 70s and early 1980s.  On the other hand Dave Grohl's a nice guy, came up in NoVa and cut his teeth on the DC punk scene, and is part owner of the Black Cat, so ya can't help but root for them.
_\|/_

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2006, 12:15:00 pm »
I concur with the good Doctor, the Foo Fighters are like Pop Rocks.  Dave and Co. puts on a great show, but I don't ever find myself ever digging out their CDs to listen to.  What Dave really needs is a great songwriting partner..
T.Rex

andyrichter

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2006, 12:34:00 pm »
Dave Grohl will always be cool in my book for bringing Pat Smear into the band.  Their first 2 records were good but I can't say much about anything they've released since then.

Barcelona

« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2006, 01:35:00 pm »
  I agree with you Rat.

On this forum some people express their hatred for bands for the sole reason that the particular band is main stream.  I think this particulars poster's comments:

"'Im not sure, I can't think of any band that might be        worse, not even U2, Guided by Voices, or Bloc Party" speaks for itself.

I also agree.

In the first message I said "I think are the worst band I have ever heard, by far." It is an opinion.

saintangelsin

« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2006, 10:26:00 pm »
i think the foos are pretty good. the first two albums are fun and quite nice to listen to. pat smear is a plus. everlong is probably their best song and that alone is worth hearing live.

as for judging by SNL, you can't do that with TV performances. I have seen some brillant bands live and on tv, they sound awful. there's some transition that doesn't work out.

I agree with whoever said you can't help but cheer for dave. He's a hero in this area to a certain extent. I love the black cat and I'm not ashamed to admit it, but I enjoy the foo fighters. it's just good rock and roll. when I don't want anything that is trying to be ahead of itself, i listen to the foos.

bearman🐻

« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2006, 09:46:00 am »
I always wondered what Nirvana would have been like if Cobain let Grohl write some songs, a la Husker Du. I know, 2 different styles, but that might have made for some interesting records.

vansmack

« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2006, 11:53:00 am »
Originally posted by Barcelona:

I agree with you Rat.

I also agree.

In the first message I said "I think are the worst band I have ever heard, by far." It is an opinion. [/b]
Exactly.  It's not all the posters taste in music on this board that I have a problem with, it's the fact that every one thinks they're entitled to an opinion that bothers me.
27>34