Author Topic: Articles & Reviews question  (Read 1030 times)

Bags

Articles & Reviews question
« on: April 07, 2004, 11:42:00 am »
Okay, I need some feedback -- as some have noticed (and some have pointed out), I scan the Post and the NY Times just about every day for their music coverage.  Each site requires you to sign up (though they're free).  

Should I post links or the entire article?

For other articles or reviews which may or may not require signup, links or text?  I know that I prefer text of music-related stuff, but whatever is the board preference is cool with me.

I'll do whatever makes the most people happy (or not frustrated, how 'bout that?).

markie

Re: Articles & Reviews question
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2004, 11:57:00 am »
post the whole thing. I am not signed up to either..... it just takes a second to scroll past articles anyhow.

eltee

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2004, 12:11:00 pm »
For sign-up req'd I'll take the full article.

Otherwise, I'll take both.  :)  Thanks much.

Somewhat on the same topic, I read on another message board, one of their rules was no posted links. They stated it was a copyright infringement. Members would be warned and then banned if they posted links. I thought if you posted the full article, with no reflection of where the information was obtained, that is copyright infringment.

markie

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2004, 12:17:00 pm »
no posted links? Thats retarded. No cut and paste articles I understand. Other BBs dont like you stealing pictures from other sites, instead preferring you to post the link to the picture. The whole point of a website is that someone sees it, right?

ggw

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2004, 12:43:00 pm »
Originally posted by El Tee:
 Somewhat on the same topic, I read on another message board, one of their rules was no posted links. They stated it was a copyright infringement. Members would be warned and then banned if they posted links. I thought if you posted the full article, with no reflection of where the information was obtained, that is copyright infringment.
No links does sound retarded.  It's copyright infringement if you post an article without attribution.

If you are the post or the NY Times, you want people posting a link so that more people come to their site, which increases their hits, which allows them to increase ad rates.