Author Topic: Check Out What Muse Did  (Read 887 times)

GabrielG54

Check Out What Muse Did
« on: April 29, 2005, 11:29:00 am »
I am a member over at board.muse.mu and we have all been working tirelessly over some anagrams the band has built into their setlist since the campus invasion tour started some 3 weeks or so ago - to be decoded and lead to a prize.  Anyways, here is a summary from someone over there on what went down.  It was pretty cool, even though the prize was kinda weird - an autographed mongoose.  I personanly would have preferred a dyno.

Matt wanted their next album theoretically being called "Cryptography" to consist of codes and hidden messages that people would have to solve, and result in a treasure hunt that woudl take people around the world.

To put this idea to the test the band have been titling the new songs they've been playing here in the US with anagrams. These anagrams are released to the public through setlists cleverly distributed by Tom Kirk I imagine. The messageboard folk have worked tirelessly around the clock to decode the messages.

One message worked out to be QUA@AOL.COM. Of course we all emailed it...someone even added the name to their AIM Buddy list and imed them when they came on. QUA responded with another message which we all worked out to be WELLDONE. A few peopel who emailed this address, put SHY in the subject line, presumabley a password of sorts.

13 people recieved an email from QUA yesterday. The email contained a coded message using a reverse subsitute cipher, or whatever, a zipped file that was passworded and contained a picture of an autographed mongoose bike.

The messageboard fokl once again worked their butts off to decode the message which contained the info on where to find the bike, as well as the lock combination.

Sstarch1 immediately got in his car, drove FOUR HOURS from Indianna to Kent State Ohio University, foudn the bike, and is now on his way home.

Amen, MUSE are THE SHIT!