Author Topic: In Search of "9:30 Club: A Time and a Place"  (Read 1922 times)

clarissashel

In Search of "9:30 Club: A Time and a Place"
« on: July 24, 2023, 02:13:48 pm »
I know this is a long shot, but I figured I would try my luck here. I am searching for where I can purchase the book, "9:30 Club: A Time and a Place." I've tried contacting the publisher, the authors, and 9:30 club but am getting no responses. The book was discontinued, so I knew it would be hard to find, but am surprised by the total lack of any resales, at least online! I am looking to purchase the book for a friend who may be in some of the photos, it would be so so special to find a copy. Wondering if anyone has any leads, or even contacts that I could try because I am hitting a lot of dead ends. Would be so appreciative of any help I can find!!

hutch

Re: In Search of "9:30 Club: A Time and a Place"
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2023, 03:10:43 pm »
My understanding is it’s completely sold out!

Maybe a reprint is in order? Problem is a small reprint really pushes up unit costs?

They should make a digital edition though…

I treasure my copy!

It was available for a few years before selling out…

Julian, White Poet WARLORD

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2023, 03:23:41 pm »
Maybe a reprint is in order? Problem is a small reprint really pushes up unit costs?

There is also — and don’t ask why I know this — a worldwide high-quality paper shortage to the point where Time magazine had to lower the quality paper they use, so “glossy coffee table books” prices are going thru the roof right now, only adding to how pricey/difficult a reprint would be to pull off.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2023, 03:31:13 pm by Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI »
LVMH

hemisphire

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2023, 06:23:23 pm »
Wow. I don't see a single copy for sale anywhere.

hutch

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2023, 07:09:37 pm »
I wonder if IMP should just get Amazon or someone else to just print the book on demand.