Author Topic: Why won't they just let me and my kitties be?  (Read 1030 times)

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
Why won't they just let me and my kitties be?
« on: July 12, 2005, 08:58:00 am »
MOUNT VERNON, Va. --

Cats Overrun Mount Vernon Home  

Fairfax County authorities have removed over 300 cats, both dead and alive, from in and around a home in Fairfax County, Va., and traps have been sent to capture more.

Officials were called to the home after neighbor complained about a terrible odor. When they arrived, they found 187 cats inside the home located on Ludgate Drive last Friday and 86 dead cats in trash bins outside the home.

The home's owner, 82-year-old Ruth Knueven was issued two summonses for failure to care for animals, one summons for failure to dispose of dead animals properly and a petition for being an unfit owner.

Animal control officers then placed a bright-orange sticker condemning the house and ordered Knueven, her husband and daughter to leave.

Animal control authorities said they had to place traps inside the home because more cats were living in the walls, chimney and in crawl spaces.

The Washington Post reports that Knueven returned to the home Monday night, removed the condemnation sticker and animal control authorities found her inside trying to smuggle 30 more cats out of the home.

The Post reports those cats were confiscated as well.

Police said nearly all of the cats are unfit for adoption and will have to be destroyed

http://www.nbc4.com/news/4711925/detail.html