Author Topic: Bright Eyes Face Value...  (Read 1086 times)

Delrayc

Bright Eyes Face Value...
« on: May 19, 2005, 07:32:00 pm »
The show sold out so freaking fast i couldn't even catch a glimpse at the prices...
 what was the ticket face value for either of the DC shows?

fooschae

Re: Bright Eyes Face Value...
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2005, 07:49:00 pm »
$25.00

grotty

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2005, 10:19:00 pm »
It really didn't sell out that fast...was on sale for a LONG time.

And just last week you could get a pair on ebay for significantly less than face value:

bright eyes tix

Procrastination is the 8th Deadly Sin

dtqjr

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2005, 03:35:00 am »
Originally posted by The Artist Formerly Known As grotty:

And just last week you could get a pair on ebay for significantly less than face value:

bright eyes tix

And now suddenly they are selling at $120-150 a pair.  Did this band suddenly become popular in the last week?

grotty

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2005, 07:48:00 am »
Originally posted by Efram:

Originally posted by The Artist Formerly Known As grotty:

bright eyes tix

And now suddenly they are selling at $120-150 a pair.  Did this band suddenly become popular in the last week? [/b]
I really don't get your point. Surely that's a sarcastic question. Oberst was on the cover of every music mag this Spring. Bright Eyes had just recently played a tough to get ticket @ the 9:30. And they just headlined Coachella.

That there would be demand for these shows was not a surprise. Yet tickets were available for well over a month. Even the ticket brokers started to panic - thus the pair of tickets sold just last week for $40.

Of all the shows at all the venues where tickets truly are hard to come by and complaining is justified - this is not one of them.

If a fan doesn't have a ticket by now they've got no one to blame but themselves. So much so - that I'm siding with brokers here. You should have to pay a premium if you waited this long and still expect to see the show.

Just my thoughts.  :D

root

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2005, 09:23:00 am »
Although 930.com did not advertise the show until it was sold out. I found out thru saddle-creek.com and bought thru the link on thier site.

and does anyone else think that Oberst reminds them of a young mix of Jeff Tweedy and Robert Smith? i do...

joz

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2005, 09:36:00 am »
Originally posted by root:
  Although 930.com did not advertise the show until it was sold out. I found out thru saddle-creek.com and bought thru the link on thier site.

and does anyone else think that Oberst reminds them of a young mix of Jeff Tweedy and Robert Smith? i do...
i don't really see the tweedy thing, but robert smith definitely. even down to the intonation of his singing voice.

root

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2005, 09:38:00 am »
yeah the voice is what i was aiming at!