Author Topic: Guesses for VFest Line-up  (Read 9507 times)

J5RootsKweliJ5

Re: Guesses for VFest Line-up
« Reply #60 on: April 15, 2007, 04:27:00 pm »
MBV and Portishead.
 please.

Got Haggis?

« Reply #61 on: April 15, 2007, 05:21:00 pm »
Kevin Shields said there will be another MBV record (I think he's been saying that for years though) and that he would like to do a reunion tour.....he was quoted this year saying that.  So who knows..

PigIron

« Reply #62 on: April 15, 2007, 06:47:00 pm »
My Bloody Valentine?  Is Portishead even around these days? I'd be elated for either but I had no idea.  Because the Smashing Pumpkins and the Police are on board, can we just throw out any band from the past and hope for a reunion in Baltimore?  It seems like its going that way.  If that is indeed the case, put in my vote for Dokken.

Mobius

« Reply #63 on: April 15, 2007, 10:48:00 pm »
Oh yeah, its perfectly reasonable to anticipate an MBV reunion at Virgin Fest.  But is will take some finesse.  I'd suggest infiltrating Kevin Shield's dreams in the form of a Jazzmaster playing Tooth Fairy playing the tunes that Shield's was trying to get in his head when he worked on the Loveless follow-up.  Now, the tricky part is going to be making it clear that as you use the Tremolo to weave the sounds in and out of tune, you are actually manipulating the universal vibrations and time and space.  This will be essential to creating the pivotal epiphany in Shield's mind that all the universe's energies are leading to an inevitable MBV reunion in Maryland on the 4th or 5th of August.   Once this is established there's still a lot of work to do, and execution will be key.  When the transformed Shields wakes up, you'rre going to want to be outside his place - I think he lives in London - like Elwood Blues picking up Jake from prison . . . and get started on getting the band back together.  Time, of course, is of the essence as August is approaching . . . but there's no reason to think this can't be done.  And it'd be cooler to have the show at 9:30.

Arthwys

« Reply #64 on: April 15, 2007, 11:56:00 pm »
Mobius, you are now officially on a mission from God.
Emrys

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #65 on: April 16, 2007, 01:58:00 am »
Yeah, what Mobius said. Every dreamy note of it!

I know Kevin said there will be a MBV reunion...one day. But I don't believe it for an instant!

Wouldn't put any stock on Portishead playing the V either. Would be quite nice though. Weren't they supposed to play Coachella or someplace? I can't keep up with those West Coast festivals.

Portishead make a very concerted effort to be very secretive. A friend of mine is fairly good friends with the bass player and even he can't get any info regarding the band out of them. He once was going to try to find out something for me amidst some rumours of them playing this way but never did because the band just get ansty and refuse to give out any info. He did tell me some some other secrets and gossip about them but nothing that give any real promise of them heading this way. Sorry about that. I tried.

J5RootsKweliJ5

« Reply #66 on: April 16, 2007, 03:59:00 am »
portishead played a one off in the uk earlier in the year.
 my bloody valentine is a longshot.
 just saying, those two would sway me into shelling out the $100+ for a ticket.

K8teebug

« Reply #67 on: April 16, 2007, 08:46:00 am »
I'm sad about Bjork not playing.

Chulahoma

« Reply #68 on: April 16, 2007, 09:41:00 am »
I think queens of the stone age could be a possibility with their new cd coming out later this year

taperkat

« Reply #69 on: April 16, 2007, 11:50:00 pm »
Interpol and or Dream Theater. Please, please. ^.^ lol. hey both are releasing albums this year :3 i think.

Mobius

« Reply #70 on: April 18, 2007, 05:17:00 pm »
It may not be economically feasible, but how about making tickets $5 and orchestrating a Fugazi reunion?  Perhaps on the same days as the Beastie Boys and Bad Brains?  Maybe with Sonic Youth playing Daydream Nation?  I think that would go over well.

twangirl

« Reply #71 on: April 18, 2007, 05:19:00 pm »
Whatcha been smoking, Mobius?

Mobius

« Reply #72 on: April 19, 2007, 03:54:00 pm »
well, parliaments . . mainly.

so the chances are not good?  like one in a hundred?

then I'll go with Chemical Bros., Rage, JAMC, M.I.A., Arcade Fire, Bloc Party (if they stick to Silent Alarm) . . . and Daughtry.