Author Topic: Squarepusher - Just a Souvenir  (Read 1236 times)

azaghal1981

Squarepusher - Just a Souvenir
« on: September 15, 2008, 06:00:00 pm »
This deserves its own thread even though only a few others will care about it.

Giving a first listen right now; just as good as, if not better than Hello Everything so far. A lot of the sound he first introduced on Hello Everything is still there but he's added somewhat of a rock element to it on a bunch of tracks. And it sounds great.
  He's totally reinvented himself again in some ways; quite a bit of this doesn't sound like Squarepusher of old at all. He's out of that early 00's slump (Go Plastic, Do You Know Squarepusher?) in a big way.
احمد

killsaly

Re: Squarepusher - Just a Souvenir
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2008, 06:11:00 pm »
Ill have to grab this tonight, Squarepusher is always good.  Thanks for the heads up.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2008, 06:15:00 pm »
thanks for the heads-up, didn't know this album was on the way.  will comment on it once i have a listen.
<sig>

azaghal1981

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2008, 06:40:00 pm »
Hah...even fewer people care than I thought would.

After multiple listens, I think it's safe to say this is by far his best release of the 00's.
احمد

killsaly

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2008, 06:41:00 pm »
Is this not out on itunes? I looked for it and didnt see it...

azaghal1981

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2008, 06:52:00 pm »
Not yet.

It's...around, though.
احمد

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2008, 01:11:00 pm »
sorry, been a busy week... haven't had time to listen.  i'm DJ'ing tonight so been prepping for that.  will comment on the new squarepusher early next week (and hope that there isn't anything i would have wanted to spin... i could do without the frustration   :)  )
<sig>

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2008, 04:37:00 pm »
so, it's not love at first hearing for me.  some really interesting stuff on the album, certainly, buy also a few tracks that really bug.  anything with that vocoded voice should not have made it on the album.  favorite track: "quadrature", also like the treatments given to the acoustic guitar passages.  would have preferred more DnB'ness.  maybe it'll grow on me.
<sig>

distance

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2008, 05:18:00 pm »
Originally posted by azaghal1981:
  Hah...even fewer people care than I thought would.

After multiple listens, I think it's safe to say this is by far his best release of the 00's.
i care.  i just haven't gotten around to checking this out yet.  i prefer the stuff released prior to 'music is rotted one note' as a reference.  i am looking forward to checking it out, but i can't say that i have my hopes up for _really_ liking any of his releases anymore.

K8teebug

« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2008, 09:28:00 am »
Thanks.  I will check it out.