Author Topic: Sugarcubes reunion  (Read 1302 times)

Got Haggis?

Sugarcubes reunion
« on: September 25, 2006, 09:31:00 am »
Nearly 20 years ago The Sugarcubes put out on their own label Smekkleysa SM, their first single 'Birthday'. This release was the start to the splendid career of The Sugarcubes, and impressive releases of Icelandic artists in Iceland and abroad alike. These first steps made by The Sugarcubes had an everlasting impact and influence on the Icelandic export of music.

It is therefor with unbound joy that we announce the 20th anniversary concert of Birthday and The Sugarcubes in Reykjavik on the 17th of November. The Sugarcubes will take to the stage for the first time in 14 years.

The support of FL Group has made it possible to stage this event. All profit from the concert goes back into Smekkleysa SM who will continue to work on a non-profit basis for the future betterment of Icelandic music and artists. The concert is promoted by Mr. Destiny, the producer of the annual Iceland Airwaves festival.

Tickets can be bought through Icelandair who are offering special package deals that include flight & concert ticket. Find the Icelandair outlet for your area here: www.icelandair.net

World domination or death! yes thank you!

Iceland is cool...but expensive.....very expensive.  anyone going?

redsock

Re: Sugarcubes reunion
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2006, 10:05:00 am »
Iceland is amazing, love it. But VERY expensive. Icelandair is offering a pretty good deal of $700 for air and hotel, plus tickets to the show. Exclusive of tax, but still a good deal. I'd do it if I had some cash hanging around.

Bags

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2006, 12:33:00 pm »
If someone paid me $700, I'd go.

Sir HC

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2006, 02:47:00 pm »
Heard that Einer has a record store there that he just hangs out at.  Very approachable supposedly.

Saw them when they played Georgetown U early on.  Not sure if this would be a downer from that high.