Author Topic: the return of the lemonheads  (Read 1198 times)

walkonby

the return of the lemonheads
« on: September 26, 2006, 04:28:00 pm »
ok, i seem to remember that last year they played the black cat, and quite a few people on here seemed to say the show sucked.  but now they have returned with a new album and are getting ravey reviews everywhere i read.  it's a new (but still with shaking hands) evan, i hear.  they even have a downloadable single on their myspace site, featuring j. mascis on guitar.  good molly, miss golly!  is it safe to assume that the december show, back at the black cat, is a worthwhile bet now?

stu47

Re: the return of the lemonheads
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2006, 04:57:00 pm »
the whole disc is out on the torrent sites....and almost despite myself I think its REALLY good

bearman🐻

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2006, 05:06:00 pm »
The Lemonheads were never really a fantastic live band. I think I saw them about 3 times and they were always just OK. That being said, I like some of their records. I heard a new song and it was pretty loud, I'd be curious to hear what the rest of the new disc is like.

Relaxer

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2006, 05:21:00 pm »
God I loved the Lemonheads in the 80s when they were still more in the hardcore vein. But when Evan decided he wanted to be a pin-up boy rather than a rocker, I dropped that shit like it was hot.

If the new stuff rocks, I might give it a whirl, for nostalgia purposes. But I just think he's too much of a dickhead.
oword