Author Topic: Sex Pistols@9:30  (Read 13945 times)

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
Re: Sex Pistols@9:30
« Reply #45 on: June 18, 2003, 09:40:00 am »
Originally posted by Seth Hurwitz:
  alright, let's get this one over with

it's in August and it's $40

let the whining begin!
no whining here... kosmette taking me for my birthday.   outta shape 41, and grinning!
T.Rex

Celeste

« Reply #46 on: June 18, 2003, 09:43:00 am »
Originally posted by kosmo:

Originally posted by Seth Hurwitz:
  alright, let's get this one over with

it's in August and it's $40

let the whining begin!
no whining here... kosmette taking me for my birthday.   outta shape 41, and grinning! [/b]
I can't believe you are 41! You look so young...must be years of clean livin'

da'niceguys

« Reply #47 on: June 18, 2003, 11:26:00 am »
i've noticed that some people, and even myself sometimes, seem to hate on band/artist who play shows long after there prime or even long after they even matter musically. But for a show like this I will absolutely be there. WHY? because when Never Mind the Bollocks Here's the Sex Pistols came out i was still two years from being born. So, If they were better in Manc in '78 and thats the memory you'd like to go with cool, but I'll have to settle for 930 club in aug.

PigIron

« Reply #48 on: June 18, 2003, 11:28:00 am »
Originally posted by kosmo:
  i kosmo promise not to whine, bitch, or moan about this $40 concert.  it's going to be a whole different story if it's a $50+ concert   :D  
I think they can charge just about anything they want and get away with it at a small place like 9:30 Club.  They can charge 30-40 dollars, and that would be nice.  But if they charge fifty or sixty bucks, it will sell out just the same.  They can charge 100 bucks and it will sell in just about any club.  They will charge what they can get as artists.  I'd love to see some respect for their fans, but who sees that anymore?  If they do ridiculously overcharge, I hope to see some of the larger venues on their tour half-filled.  It served as a lesson to Peter Gabriel last fall when he charged 130 bucks a pop to see his bloated ass on stage.

« Reply #49 on: June 18, 2003, 11:29:00 am »
Yes, Billie Holiday and Hank Williams both died before I was born. I wish I had been able to see them both.

MaLo

« Reply #50 on: June 18, 2003, 11:43:00 am »
i was born in '78...my parents have told me that they used to call me 'baby rotten' after johnny rotten

not taht they were fans or anything (i grew up listening to john denver), i think they had just read about the sex pistols or soemthing and thought it was funny

man, now that i think about it, that's traumatizing

markie

« Reply #51 on: June 18, 2003, 11:56:00 am »
$40 for the Pistols vs $35 for the Human League.

I know where my money will be going.....

"you were working as a waitress in a cocktail bar, when I met you....."

$40 is a steal for the Pistols at 930. Good job Seth, thanks.

vansmack

« Reply #52 on: June 18, 2003, 12:04:00 pm »
Originally posted by Andrew WK:

$40 is a steal for the Pistols at 930. Good job Seth, thanks.
Disgustingly, I'm in agreement with Markie, errr, Andrew on this one - nice job landing the Pistols at such a small venue.  I will have moved by then, and can pay $50 to see them at the Joint in Vegas so stop your bitching.

Venerable, they're not playing the Fillmore in SF, opting for the Warfield.  I've never been there - any thoughts?
27>34

ggw

« Reply #53 on: June 18, 2003, 12:32:00 pm »
I'm not saying that the Sex Pistols will be good, but some of the best shows I've seen this year were by old guys -- Paul Weller, Mission of Burma, X, even Henry Rollins is north of 40.

Venerable Bede

« Reply #54 on: June 18, 2003, 12:50:00 pm »
Originally posted by vansmack:
 Venerable, they're not playing the Fillmore in SF, opting for the Warfield.  I've never been there - any thoughts?
let's see. . .only been to the warfield once. . .think of an old movie house or theatre, with three levels of seating, although the floor has no seating, but it's very small.  it's where jerry garcia and david grisham (sp?) practically lived for 3 years.  fillmore is a much better venue, imho, and it would have been great to see the pistols play at the fillmore just for history sakes.

also, the warfield is right on market street in downtown (if memory serves correctly), so you'll probably have to pay for garage parking and not street (like at the fillmore).
OU812

mankie

« Reply #55 on: June 18, 2003, 12:56:00 pm »
Originally posted by ggw:
  I'm not saying that the Sex Pistols will be good, but some of the best shows I've seen this year were by old guys -- Paul Weller, Mission of Burma, X, even Henry Rollins is north of 40.
Remember this ladies, the "more mature" men can rock your world harder than the spring chickens!

;)      ;)

ggw

« Reply #56 on: June 18, 2003, 01:57:00 pm »
Originally posted by mankie:

Remember this ladies, the "more mature" men can rock your world harder than the spring chickens!

;)        ;)  [/b]
Perhaps, but they can only "tour" every couple of years....

mankie

« Reply #57 on: June 18, 2003, 02:00:00 pm »

Perhaps, but they can only "tour" every couple of years....

[/b][/QUOTE]

hmmmm, good point. Although there's always the blue pill!

vansmack

« Reply #58 on: June 18, 2003, 02:00:00 pm »
Originally posted by Venerable Bede:
  let's see. . .only been to the warfield once. . .think of an old movie house or theatre, with three levels of seating, although the floor has no seating, but it's very small.  

also, the warfield is right on market street in downtown (if memory serves correctly), so you'll probably have to pay for garage parking and not street (like at the fillmore).
Cheers (as usual - when you get tired of me asking about No Cal, just let me know).  I'll go to Vegas and see them.
27>34