Author Topic: Missed concert spurs outrage  (Read 4526 times)

hitman

Re: Missed concert spurs outrage
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2004, 01:48:00 am »
it's called leave early with plenty enough time to get there...what the hell is everyone's excuse when they have to go to work?

lanmanrm

« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2004, 07:08:00 am »
The reason nissan sucks soooo bad to get into is this. Back in the early 90s or 80s or whenever nissan pavillion came about, Disney was working on a project they called the "Virginia Project". It was supposed to be a smaller version of a Disney World. All that farmland that you drive through to get to nissan is what would have been the Virginia Project. The Nissan developers figured Disney would take care of the access roads. Much to their dismay, they pulled the plug on the Virginia Project a year later sans access roads leaving Nissan with one measily access road. Sucks terribly. Blame Disney.

eltee

« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2004, 07:45:00 am »
Originally posted by lanmanrm:
  they pulled the plug on the Virginia Project a year later sans access roads leaving Nissan with one measily access road. Sucks terribly. Blame Disney.
The people didn't want it though, right? Voted highly against it I thought...and "settled" on Nissan to make people happy. So, are they really to blame? (I get what you are saying, just curious about the details...)

eltee

« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2004, 07:48:00 am »
Originally posted by hitman:
  it's called leave early with plenty enough time to get there...what the hell is everyone's excuse when they have to go to work?
Coming up with excuses to leave work early is what is hard.

nonmenthol

« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2004, 04:33:00 pm »
nissan sux

that's my two cents

the last time i went there was for metallice and jerry cantrell before that it was elton john

lanmanrm

« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2004, 12:32:00 pm »
Originally posted by Sugartastic Tee Silk:

The people didn't want it though, right? Voted highly against it I thought...and "settled" on Nissan to make people happy. So, are they really to blame? (I get what you are saying, just curious about the details...) [/b]
Well...I guess Disney isn't completely to blame, but I'll put it this way, Disney could have fought that fight a lot longer than they did, but they just decided it wasn't that valuable of an asset. The people of that area were outraged about it. They fought that thing, but with good reason. It was going to affect all the Manassas battle fields and other historical sites. I just wish Disney had built those damn access roads before the people of VA won that war.