Author Topic: Evens / Ted Leo roll call  (Read 4757 times)

brennser

Re: Evens / Ted Leo roll call
« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2004, 09:49:00 am »
yup - it happened - weather turned out perfect in fact -- all we got at Ft Reno was some wind and thunder

The Evens I thought were quite good - Ian dedicated a song to his Mom

Ted Leo was with the Rx and not solo - I thought they were excellent - they seems to be having minor sound problems for the first few songs from their perspective which was weird because I though the sound was amazing for what was essentially a field

nice to bump into kurosawa, redsock and ggw (and winston?) who as far as baby (and daddy) brennser are concerned is the coolest dog in the world!

redsock

« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2004, 09:50:00 am »
Originally posted by Skeeter:
  Did it happen?  Anyone go?  I wasn't about to sit through a hail storm for it.
Hail storm? I went, and it was quite nice, including the weather. The Evens were low-key, as expected, but still good. My very first time seeing Ted Leo. I think I would rather see him in a venue where i could concentrate on him. A lot of his stuff can sound alike live... but at least it sounds good. Nice meeting little Brennser, even if she didn't want to say good-bye to me. Oh, and Wilson the incredibly soft Republican dog as well.

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #32 on: July 02, 2004, 09:55:00 am »
hmmmm - out in Silver Spring we had a good hour of heavy rain, hail and thunder up until about 7:00. I figured if nothing else it was raining downtown.  Damn.

brennser

« Reply #33 on: July 02, 2004, 10:03:00 am »
I should add that I left a little after 9 so I don;t know how long he played for

Random Citizen

« Reply #34 on: July 02, 2004, 10:08:00 am »
Yeah, it was coming down pretty hard around 6:30 -7pm in Takoma Park, too. I thought the power was going to go out for sure. There were flash flood watches in effect.

Originally posted by Skeeter:
  hmmmm - out in Silver Spring we had a good hour of heavy rain, hail and thunder up until about 7:00. I figured if nothing else it was raining downtown.  Damn.

ggw

« Reply #35 on: July 02, 2004, 02:40:00 pm »
I thought the Evens were much better - more consistent - than at the Warehouse show.  I saw some of Ted Leo, who was great.  The sound was really good for a Fort Reno show.

Nice to meet baby Brennser.  The soft Republican had a great time and passed out as soon as he got home.

godsshoeshine

« Reply #36 on: July 02, 2004, 04:13:00 pm »
missed most of the evens (stupid virginia traffic). ted was awesome. he seems to love being on the stage, even responding to hecklers. love ft reno had a picnic and all. going back monday
o/\o