Author Topic: need some advise  (Read 2425 times)

walkonby

need some advise
« on: September 26, 2005, 04:49:00 pm »
can anybody out there suggest to me a good restaurant before a fri nationals game?  i need something that is right at a metro stop, or very close to rfk.  someone told me to try near east market.  i need something that is good, but not too sophisto that i can't feel comfortable walking into with the clothes i'm wearing to the game.

and i just had chili . . . so no.

walkonby

Re: need some advise
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2005, 04:52:00 pm »
if there is one thing in the english language i hate with passion, it is my constant misuse of the freaking "c" and "s".  die c, die s.

Venerable Bede

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2005, 04:55:00 pm »
nothing is near rfk.  i'd suggest ugly mug, which is in barrack's row (8th street-eastern market).  if you are lucky, the ghost bus may even decide to stop there that day and give you a free ride to rfk.
OU812

walkonby

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2005, 04:57:00 pm »
Originally posted by Venerable Bede:
  nothing is near rfk.  i'd suggest ugly mug, which is in barrack's row (8th street-eastern market).  if you are lucky, the ghost bus may even decide to stop there that day and give you a free ride to rfk.
tanks, mate.  i'll get sloppy drunk and fall over the railing at rfk just for nine thirty!

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2005, 05:02:00 pm »

Venerable Bede

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2005, 05:04:00 pm »
no problem.  i recommend a batch of mini-cheeseburgers.
OU812

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2005, 01:11:00 am »
i think ghost bus runs on fridays and saturdays and it definitely picks up at ugly mug ... or you could go to one of those cap hill bars on penn. near eastern market and cap. south, ghost bus picks up there too ... best way to go to a game, rockin some van halen on the way over ...
(o|o)

Guiny

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2005, 08:48:00 am »
One of the great parts about going to a baseball game is having a stadium hot dog or polish sausage, sure they are a little pricy, but so are convenience fee's that you pay for shows.   :p

walkonby

« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2005, 01:50:00 pm »
Originally posted by Rob_Gee:
  One of the great parts about going to a baseball game is having a stadium hot dog or polish sausage, sure they are a little pricy, but so are convenience fee's that you pay for shows.    :p  
people keep telling me to stay away from any food at rfk.  anybody have there own opinion?

Venerable Bede

« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2005, 01:53:00 pm »
i enjoy the italian sausage with onions and peppers. . .or, if you can find it, the chorizo with onions and peppers.  after that. . .i have no opinion on the matter.
OU812

Sage 703

« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2005, 02:00:00 pm »
I'd actually recommend buying food from the street vendors outside the park - its WAY cheaper and the food is just as good if not better.  Solid hot dogs and cheap drinks (no booze though).

walkonby

« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2005, 02:01:00 pm »
  no problem.  i recommend a batch of mini-cheeseburgers.
nate's in g-town is my personal fav.  i remember once seeing hookers with a their pimp doing their thing in g-town, right in broad daylight.  i think they like to hit the dean and deluca crowd.