Author Topic: Lake Trout  (Read 1306 times)

Arlette

Lake Trout
« on: September 30, 2005, 12:46:00 am »
Jamband? Evolving? Experimental?  With their cover of the Stones' Street Fighting man.....sell outs?

Any opinions?  (Ha, as if people on this board would NOT have opinions. )

Regardless, I saw them tonight and they were great.  Their new album is in my top 5 of 2005.  They just keep making great, albeit different, music.   They keep growing and they have great instincts.  

Pixies = seminal band but just going through the motions to cash the paycheck.  Can't fault them for that. But, not a great show.

Lake Trout = still trying.  Working it.  Making great music  even if no one will hear it.  

So, you think.........

you be betty

• flickr.com/photos/youbebetty
Re: Lake Trout
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2005, 06:06:00 am »
how were Army of Me?   :cool:

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2005, 11:49:00 am »
Originally posted by Arlette:
 Any opinions?  (Ha, as if people on this board would NOT have opinions. )

i saw them a couple of years ago at mercury lounge in NYC ... really just went to the show to see runner and the thermodynamics open, so i didn't really know what to expect from them ... by the time lake trout came on, i was incredibly stoned after hanging out with the guys from runner, so we just kind of melted into the wall and drank it in .... if i remember correctly, they were really jammy and nothing really to write home about, but didn't make us want to leave ... a lot of crusty fans though

but that was 2 years ago or so, i haven't even heard of them from then until now, so i have no idea if they've changed
(o|o)

godsshoeshine

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2005, 11:53:00 am »
their drummer is really good. where did they play?
o/\o

BookerT

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2005, 11:53:00 am »
i'm pretty sure i saw lake trout open for my morning jacket at the 930 club a few years ago. it was one of the most painful experiences of my life. it was like radiohead crossed with jam band crossed with crappy electronic music crossed with bland modern rock. it was so bad it actually turned me off of my morning jacket as well, although lots of "it still moves" managed to do that itself.

Got Haggis?

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2005, 01:39:00 pm »
i've heard a couple of their songs on XM radio...sounded 'okay'.  guess i'll find out tonight since they are opening for the pixies