Author Topic: damien jurado tonight?  (Read 1174 times)

manimtired

damien jurado tonight?
« on: October 09, 2006, 11:14:00 am »
anyone seen him before?  ill be there..looking forward to it.  need some monday enjoyment after the skins game yesterday.

bellenseb

Re: damien jurado tonight?
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2006, 11:19:00 am »
I'll be there probably. He usually puts on a good show and I think he'll also have a new tour EP available.

BookerT

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2006, 12:10:00 pm »
Originally posted by manimtired:
  anyone seen him before?  ill be there..looking forward to it.  need some monday enjoyment after the skins game yesterday.
yeah, nothing more uplifting than a damien jurado show! i've seen him a bunch of times, always good, if never quite astounding. but that's sort of how it goes. pretty captivating dude to watch perform. i'll be opting for the much, much louder a place to bury strangers at the warehouse.

manimtired

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2006, 07:46:00 am »
im a big fan but that show was just boring...

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2006, 12:06:00 pm »
Originally posted by BookerT:
  i'll be opting for the much, much louder a place to bury strangers at the warehouse.
Fantastic set last night! They are really refining their show. Ollie told me that he was trying to turn it down. LOL. Actually, you could hear it in their dynamics, especially in their last song which was the best that I've seen them perform that one. Glad to see that DC is finally picking up on how good they are. They had a very enthusiastic and loyal following there last night.

Have to also mention what a good set that Secret Shine put on last night. What a delightful night!

BookerT

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2006, 12:30:00 pm »
not to hijack the damien jurado thread, but there doesn't seem to be much going on here.

of the hundreds of bands i've seen play this year, a place to bury strangers last night was quite possibly the best. just insanely good. better than the other times i've seen them, and according to people who have seen them MANY times, this was the best. the first two songs were especially mindblowing, a perfect combination of spacemen 3 and mc5. i felt bad for secret shine having to follow that mighty display, but they were quite enjoyable as well. snailhook did good booking this one, and if alcian blue was gonna go break up, well, at least they got an amazing band to take their slot on this bill.

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2006, 01:11:00 pm »
Yeap, agree with all of the above.

Snail was going to introduce me to you last night but you snuck out too fast. Maybe next time.