Author Topic: Restaurant Recommendations around 9:30 Club?  (Read 4677 times)

Re: Restaurant Recommendations around 9:30 Club?
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2005, 03:30:00 pm »
Some people like to feel like real hep cats; Ben's Chili Bowl is their only chance to hang with the black folk.

Originally posted by O'Mankie:

I'm convinced that this Ben's Chili Bowl place pays people to mention their name everytime 'food' is mentioned on this board because it's like a race for some of you to see who can get it posted first. Reality is, any dufus can make a decent pot of chili.

keithstg

« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2005, 03:52:00 pm »
Oohs and Aahhs, 10th and U. Soul Food and more. New dining area open upstairs, and it won't run you a lot of money. I don't believe they have a liquor license though.

brennser

« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2005, 03:55:00 pm »
this place has been receiving pretty good buzz on the local foodie fora

Originally posted by keithstg:
  Oohs and Aahhs, 10th and U. Soul Food and more. New dining area open upstairs, and it won't run you a lot of money. I don't believe they have a liquor license though.

eltee

« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2005, 05:15:00 pm »
Originally posted by keithstg:
Somewhat brand new, right?
 Does anyone eat at Julia's Empanadas?

ggw

« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2005, 05:17:00 pm »
Originally posted by Sugartastic:
  Does anyone eat at Julia's Empanadas?
meh....

Jaguär

« Reply #35 on: July 27, 2005, 08:30:00 pm »
If you don't mind going over to another neighborhood, yet not that far, Joyti on 18th St. in Adams Morgan is nice and not too pricey. I've eaten there on a number of occassions and have always enjoyed myself and have been pleased with the food. It's Indian so you will find a variety of selections to appeal to your vegetarian tastes.

Also, on the same block are Mezzé and the American Diner. (I may have screwed up those names a bit.) You can get a nice meal in these places too and find a few things that would appeal to vegetarians. You should do well in all three. Just be careful if you are driving because parking in Adams Morgan is impossible on heavy social nights, like weekends.