Author Topic: Hot Chip Rollcall  (Read 2864 times)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
Re: Hot Chip Rollcall
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2007, 10:41:00 pm »
how's this for a plan: i'll be wearing an orange t-shirt with the atari logo on it, it's pretty un-missable.  kosmo and i are familiar, if he's downstairs in the backbar we'll be chatting (i'm sure he'll try running away from me, but i'll eventually end up cornering him      :)     ).  

i've listened to the mp3s that tussle have on thier website, and while decent my heart definitely isn't set on catching them.  so my plan is to get to the club around 6:45-7:00 and head straight down to the backbar, and later go upstairs and catch the end (second half?) of tussle's set.  if you get there before tussle go on then come on down and join me.  kosmo, please come down whenever you can.  i'm completely open to any other suggestions, should anyone have one.

please come down and say hi, would love to meet a few of you.  

edit: further suggestion - after the show, we could head over to ben's chili bowl   :)
<sig>

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2007, 10:36:00 pm »
What FUN!  those Hot Chip lads are several electronica groups rolled into one, with a bits and pieces of the Beautiful South, New Order, Underworld, and DEVO among others.

No actual DJ setlist from me as Hot Chip brought along their own,  will probably post a pretend one for giggles and grins.
T.Rex

Firebutt McGee

« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2007, 03:09:00 pm »
Setlist from last night show:

Out at the Pictures
 Shake a Fist
 Boy From School
 Hold On
 No Fit State
 Crap Kraft Dinner
 Just Like We Breakdown
 Bendable Poseable
 One Pure Thought
 Defeated by Technology
 Over and Over
 --
 The Beach Party
 Ready for the Floor
 In the Privacy of Our Love
 A Family in Here

---

WHAT a show. Just...wow.
Woof.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2007, 03:40:00 pm »
that was indeed a frickin' hoot.  i'll add ultravox and even depech mode to the list that kosmo suggested, indeed a lot of different sounds going on in that set (although there was more than one moment when i was asking myself "does it really take 5 guys to make this sound?").

tussle didn't work for me.  not horrible, but not particularly interesting either.  definitely have potential if they were to run a slightly tighter ship.  it's a bad sign that "pick of destiny", which was playing in the backbar, was a bigger attraction for me   :eek:  

always nice to hang with kosmo.  julian, azaghal - you're fired.
<sig>

azaghal1981

« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2007, 05:22:00 pm »
Solid, fun, high-energy show. The newer stuff had even more of an electro-pop sound than their older material. I was kind of hoping to hear "Keep Fallin'" or "Colors" or "Careful." Ahh well...Maybe next time. I thought Tussle were ok; they could've used more melody and less percussion.
احمد

Vas Deferens

« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2007, 07:17:00 pm »
I wish they also played "Playboy" and a cover of "Sexual Healing", which they played in NYC. The Baltimore show last year was better because of the live drummer (LCD Soundsystem's drummer) but it was great to hear the new songs this time around!
(_|_)

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2007, 07:32:00 pm »
Interesting... I was wondering what they would have sounded like with a live drummer...
T.Rex