Author Topic: best way to dulles using public transportation?  (Read 1268 times)

freddyadu

best way to dulles using public transportation?
« on: September 19, 2004, 11:52:00 pm »
i need to fly out of dulles next week and probably won't be able to get a ride out there.  i heard that you can take a bus there.  i'll only be taking a backpack, so luggage won't be a concern.

what's the best way to get out there and how long will it take?

i may be starting from rosslyn or franconia-springfield.

ggw

Re: best way to dulles using public transportation?
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2004, 12:02:00 am »

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2004, 09:10:00 am »
I would think a soccer star like yourself could go styling in a limo. Don't you live in Potomac anyway?

saco

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2004, 09:32:00 am »
Never taken GGW's bus, but there is also a bus that leaves from West Falls Church metro pretty frequently.   Its straight to Dulles and its cheap, I think $8 round trip.

Random Citizen

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2004, 09:43:00 am »
Originally posted by saco:
  Never taken GGW's bus, but there is also a bus that leaves from West Falls Church metro pretty frequently.   Its straight to Dulles and its cheap, I think $8 round trip.
Actually, it's $8 one-way and $14 round-trip. The 5A Metrobus is $3.00 each way. I have yet to use the 5A (will in October), but I'm assuming it's similar to the B30 Metrobus that runs to BWI. It's customized to include large luggage racks in the middle and the seats are more plush than the standard bus.

ratioci nation

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2004, 09:55:00 am »
If I remember correctly, the 5A is just a regular bus.  Maybe with a little more room for luggage but I don't remember that.  It was pretty convenient though.

bearman🐻

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2004, 09:58:00 am »
Personally, I think you should take the Metro to West Falls Church (you'll need to transfer to the orange line at Rossyln) and then take the Washington Flyer bus, which runs every half hour on the 15. $8 one way, $14 r/t. Takes about 20 minutes to get to Dulles once you're on the bus. Relatively easy and stress free. I highly recommend it.