Author Topic: 930 Security staff are awful  (Read 4945 times)

sonickteam

Re: 930 Security staff are awful
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2005, 09:47:00 am »
the board went down on friday, insanity ensued.

mischief1702

« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2005, 06:20:00 pm »
Originally posted by xdrunk:
  You are lucky he just threw you out, dc laws are nuts, if a bartender serves someone underage, they are taken out of the place in handcuffs, get to spend a night in dc lockup (not fun) pay a few thousand in fines, and most likely get fired, because they jeopardized the bar's liquor liscense (nearly impossible to get a new one in dc) They are just covering their asses.
 I have known a few bartenders who had to go thru this.
The sarcasm of this thread aside, that law was changed a few years ago.  Now the police can simply cite the bartender without taking him or her into custody.  BTW, that same law "accidentally" decriminalized underage drinking.  The server can still face charges, but the kid can only get a civil fine (and no criminal record)  From what I've been told, no one on the DC Council will admit that they did this on purpose, but the judges in Superior Court and the Court of Appeals have consistently ruled that underage drinkers are no longer committing a crime.

Using a fake ID or lying about your age?  That's still a crime, though.

hitman

« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2005, 01:25:00 am »
Originally posted by xdrunk:
  liscense
???

« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2005, 11:05:00 pm »
yeah they're full of themselves and not that bright-they asked for my id and i said i'm not going to drink stamp me underage....guy gives me a mouthful about how if i buy a drink for anyone i'm being thrown out.  WTF 1. If I'm being stamped under 21 I won't be able to buy drinks period, not for myself or anyone who's underage. If I planned on buying drinks you would've seen my ID.  WTF 2 Do u give that lecture to all of the people who are being stamped over 21?   I'm sure they offer logic classes at UDC.
xoxo

thatguy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2005, 05:07:00 am »
everyone that is stamped underage is told something along the lines of:  "you may not buy, hold, or drink alcohol or you will be asked to leave."  perhaps you mis-heard them?

Herr Professor Doktor Doom

• my blog
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2005, 09:05:00 am »
WTF?  OMG!
_\|/_

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2005, 10:29:00 pm »
HoyaSaxa03
 Member # 5229    - posted 03-25-2005 04:04 PM

memo to sonick: no more sarcasm ... people don't get it ...
(o|o)

eltee

« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2005, 11:12:00 am »
Originally posted by HoyaSaxa03:
  memo to hoyasax:  no more attempts at sarcasm ... people don't get me ...
there ya go!

bearman🐻

« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2005, 01:18:00 pm »
This kind of stuff just cracks me up. Why should the club risk losing its liquor license by quietly allowing underage kids to drink? Not only is the penalty a stiff one, but then the club also gets shut down like 30 or 60 days...so just because some idiot wants a drink they have a right to jeapordize the enjoyment of everyone else who frequents the club? Please. Some people need to grow up. It's a business like no others, and there are rules to follow (simple ones at that). If you don't like them, don't do go. It's that easy. And for the record, if some underage kid asked me to buy a beer I'd go and tell the staff. I don't want some loser getting caught by the ABC and then having to go to Nation for every concert I want to see. If that makes me a tattle, then so be it. I'd rather have that happen than have someone spoil the party.

bearman🐻

« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2005, 01:21:00 pm »
Incidentally, I get the irony...but I've had a bunch of experiences as of late about patroners whining about the whole underage drinking thing. I should have made that clear  :)

« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2005, 02:10:00 pm »
David Bowie would let underage teenage girls drink.

bearman🐻

« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2005, 02:23:00 pm »
Back in the glory days of groupies, Lori Lightning and Sable Starr were totally underage and I think Bowie did 'em both. No surprises there.