Author Topic: Iron Bru in DC  (Read 1557 times)

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
Iron Bru in DC
« on: July 04, 2003, 06:29:00 pm »
Kosmette and I went to the Smithsonian Folklife yesterday, which runs thru Sunday, and enjoyed some Scottish "delicacies"... meatpies and Iron bru, they had fish and chips and other brewed beverages.  The Mali food we had was very nice as well.

Besure to visit the whiskey making dispaly, they have a keg that once contained  65(?) year old whiskey.  The whiskey from that keg, according to NPR sold for $15,000 a bottle.
T.Rex

bungle bud

Re: Iron Bru in DC
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2003, 08:56:00 pm »
iron bru made in scotland from steel girders....lovely stuff.

poorlulu

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2003, 12:25:00 am »
now i'm pissed off.........

i really wanted to go to the festival on thursday but 'im indoors wouldn't stop whinging about how shite it would be...............

mince pies..................and irn brew.................goddammit.

Sir HC

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2003, 04:59:00 pm »
What is that stuff supposed to taste like.  A friend had it several times in Scotland and never did it look the same twice.  Mostly like watered down Tang.

poorlulu

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2003, 06:27:00 pm »
Originally posted by Sir HC:
  What is that stuff supposed to taste like.  A friend had it several times in Scotland and never did it look the same twice.  Mostly like watered down Tang.
hmmmm........was your friend american?  because irn bru is always the same colour (kind of rusty hence the brilliantly clever name)  if he ordered it in a bar and it was always a different colour maybe it was piss.................just a thought.

Got Haggis?

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2003, 07:29:00 pm »
yeah, they were sold out when i went...but managed to grab a bottle in the marketplace tent.  I noticed they were also selling tins of Haggis....except it was made from beef.

I had the peanut stew thing from Mali for lunch....good stuff...although I think I could make something that tasted the same by melting peanut butter over some rice.