Author Topic: Little Britain  (Read 1050 times)

bearman🐻

Little Britain
« on: August 02, 2005, 10:14:00 am »
Anyone else have the opportunity to watch some of this? I haven't laughed so hard at a show in AGES. A friend of mine got the DVD converted from the PAL format and I've watched the first season. I don't want to ruin it for folks, but episode 8 was probably my favorite...esp. with the Fatfighters lady screaming at the top of her lungs and the guy who is into his friend's grandmother. Good grief. It will be released Augsut 16th in the States on DVD...I highly recommend it.

Frank Gallagher

Re: Little Britain
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2005, 12:36:00 pm »
Davydd the only gay in the Welsh village is probably my favourite character.

Ration yourself on it though, because it tends to get a bit too much of the same after a while.

bearman🐻

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2005, 02:07:00 pm »
I know...I borrowed the DVD set and I'm giving it back tomorrow.  :)  A few of the characters do get predictable very fast...Vicky Pollard never fails to make me laugh though. I liked Boris the Babysitter too. Emily the "lady" is hilarious, especially when she fixes the guy's truck.

beedubyah

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2005, 02:12:00 pm »
The new Ricky Gervais comedy, 'Extras' will be the next big thing.  I really cannot wait.  It looks phenomenal...

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2005, 08:19:00 am »
Little Britain is on BBCAmerica right now and it's a fun watch.... BBCAmerica at momemt the most watch channel in the Vinyl household with Green Wing, I'm Alan Partridge,etc.  Looking forward to the start of Teachers this week.
T.Rex

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2005, 05:01:00 pm »
Originally posted by beedubyah:
  The new Ricky Gervais comedy, 'Extras' will be the next big thing.  I really cannot wait.  It looks phenomenal...
You have to give it a few go's.....I've seen the first two and after the first one thought....."wah, nothing special" then decided to give it a second go last week and enjoyed it much more...I guess you could say it's an aquired taste.

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2005, 04:32:00 pm »
Just watched the third 'Extras'.....the show's a winner!!! This one had Kate Winslett in it and she's hilarious. Won't spoil it for you though. You just have to watch it a few times before you 'get it' if you know what I mean..