Author Topic: the eminem show  (Read 2450 times)

definitivedoodle

the eminem show
« on: August 06, 2005, 03:06:00 pm »
man did the show suck. i had free tickets so i dont care, but who else was there. im too tried to vent of the crappyness of the show, but you never know, someone here might of enjoyed it.

Jesse

Re: the eminem show
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2005, 04:35:00 pm »
I was considering going. abunch of people from work were going so i figured it would've been fun. but i didn't get to meet them in time.

so all in all, the show was pretty bad?

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2005, 06:32:00 pm »
Originally posted by definitivedoodle:
  man did the show suck. i had free tickets so i dont care, but who else was there. im too tried to vent of the crappyness of the show, but you never know, someone here might of enjoyed it.
Free? Eminem? Sounds like you overpaid by like $100.

PigIron

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2005, 09:25:00 pm »
Friend:
 If you enjoy Eminem, just say it damnit.  Or maybe you think he's OK and wanted to check the show out.  Why is it that people who enjoy popular music have to always justify it on these boards by saying that when they got their concert tickets, they were "free"?  As in, "this is something I would NEVER attend but because I got the tickets for FREE, I said what the heck - why not go?"

I've seen this so many times.  No one ever tells us about the BellRays show they went to for free.  Ive never read the free ticket experience from the guy who saw Ted Leo.  But if the band with the hot MTV hit rolls through town, the first post will come with the "I had free tickets, so I went..."  disclaimer .

In a month from now we'll get a review of the Green Day tickets from someone who "won the free tickets from a radio station".  Soon afterwards the Gwen Stefani show will be detailed by someone who "was given the free tickets from a neighbor"  Hopefully the Nine Inch Nails review will be brought to us by the guy who was forced to take his little kid brother.  Or maybe it was his girlfriend who "has no friggin clue when it comes to credible music, but it was her birthday so I HAD to go."

chokeychicken

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2005, 04:55:00 am »
i went to the eminem show because i love eminem.  when i say love, i'm mostly referring to the marshal mathers LP, but i disgress.  so i was actaully excited to see not only a crazy rap show, but how marshal would do live.  it was the most dissapointing and unbearable show i've ever been to.  luckily, i missed lil john and most of 50 cent, but eminem was just downright dissapointing.  

lets look past the fact that for whatever reason, em (and most of his fan base, apparently) thinks it's OK to play 20 songs, but only rap the first verse in each of those songs.  Let's also look past the fact that 75% of eminem's set featured D12 or some other bullshit up and coming shady records artist that nobody cared about.  that leaves me feeling like i was watching TRL for 2 hours in a giant club atmosphere, which was obvioulsy a horrendous experience.  

this show did nothing but make me appreciate the underground genre of music that dominates my life.  i will never attend another mainstream rap show in my life.  i'm not sure what i expected out of the fucking anger management tour, but whatever it was didn't happen.  

and no, my tickets weren't free.  i purchased them last minute 75% off on ebay.  and i still got ripped off.

definitivedoodle

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2005, 07:02:00 am »
Originally posted by PigIron:
  Friend:
 If you enjoy Eminem, just say it damnit.  Or maybe you think he's OK and wanted to check the show out.  Why is it that people who enjoy popular music have to always justify it on these boards by saying that when they got their concert tickets, they were "free"?  As in, "this is something I would NEVER attend but because I got the tickets for FREE, I said what the heck - why not go?"

I've seen this so many times.  No one ever tells us about the BellRays show they went to for free.  Ive never read the free ticket experience from the guy who saw Ted Leo.  But if the band with the hot MTV hit rolls through town, the first post will come with the "I had free tickets, so I went..."  disclaimer .

In a month from now we'll get a review of the Green Day tickets from someone who "won the free tickets from a radio station".  Soon afterwards the Gwen Stefani show will be detailed by someone who "was given the free tickets from a neighbor"  Hopefully the Nine Inch Nails review will be brought to us by the guy who was forced to take his little kid brother.  Or maybe it was his girlfriend who "has no friggin clue when it comes to credible music, but it was her birthday so I HAD to go."
well buddy i did have free tickets, friend won them so we went, and i do like em at least his older stuff. so when i saw i had free i meant i had free, casue i wouldnt have paid the $100 bucks to see him. esp. when i saw him at 930 for pennies years ago.

flawd101

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2005, 12:58:00 am »
yeah...i got free tickets to finch.  i'm going but i bet it will suck...my friend is dragging me along...

Guiny

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2005, 08:06:00 am »
I'm going to Nine Inch Nails and believe me, the tickets are not free.

sonickteam2

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2005, 09:04:00 am »
Originally posted by PigIron:
  Friend:

what are you talking about???? looks like someone has never gotten free tickets!!

so if you won tickets to a show, you wouldnt go? or if your GF (who likes MXPX) wanted to see a show of "something I like" you wouldnt go?  if your dad likes 3 Doors Down but who the hell else is gonna go with him, you wouldnt go?

thats foolish. I end up at several show of bands i dont really care for.

so if this person had NOT said the tickets were free, someone would have said "thats what you get for liking Eminem".  

just cause no ones ever given you free tickets doesnt mean it never happens.  and perhaps you look up to people on this board and dont want them to think your taste in music is questionable but i've met a lot of people on here and they're really just a bunch of stupid drunks who like to talk shit about whatever comes to mind (me included).

sonickteam2

« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2005, 09:06:00 am »
and i would rather see Nine Inch Nails than the fucking shitty Bellrays anyday.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2005, 09:33:00 am »
Originally posted by sonickteam4:
it's a day in the stocks for you...
T.Rex

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2005, 09:49:00 am »

Guiny

« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2005, 10:15:00 am »
 but i've met a lot of people on here and they're really just a bunch of stupid drunks who like to talk shit about whatever comes to mind (me included). [/QB]
I don't drink, so you can't be talkin' about me.   ;)