Author Topic: she's got one in the oven  (Read 2766 times)

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
Re: she's got one in the oven
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2005, 05:23:00 pm »
Originally posted by nkotBaba:
  Oh, now I can see where you're coming from.  I guess I didn't think of it in such a deep and profound way.  Thanks for clearing it up for me.
You want me to make a deep, impassioned, profound discertation of an attack against music that doesn't rise above the level of "this is my shit, this is my shit, this is my shit" and "b, a, n, a, n, a, s"? Seriously? Ok, here goes: fuck that.

nkotb

« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2005, 05:34:00 pm »
Which is much, much less meaningful than a song with lyrics like "Yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah."

Different strokes for different folks, I guess...

Originally posted by Julian, Red Wing AFICIONADO:

Oh, now I can see where you're coming from.  I guess I didn't think of it in such a deep and profound way.  Thanks for clearing it up for me.
You want me to make a deep, impassioned, profound discertation of an attack against music that doesn't rise above the level of "this is my shit, this is my shit, this is my shit" and "b, a, n, a, n, a, s"? Seriously? Ok, here goes: fuck that. [/b]

distance

« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2005, 05:41:00 pm »

Originally posted by distance:
  gwen stefani solo = maybe the worst thing ever recorded
Fixed. [/b]
i wasn't going to go that far, but it's worse to me than what i said.

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2005, 05:44:00 pm »
  Which is much, much less meaningful than a song with lyrics like "Yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah."

There's a difference between something "benign" like "yeah yeah yeah" and something that actually makes us stupider for hearing it like "this is my shit" and spelling bananas.

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2005, 06:01:00 am »
I for one struggled with the word barna...banar....banawn....oh fuckit! Until Ms.Stefani cleared things up.

As far as the babometer goes, she doesn't even register on mine to be honest.

you be betty

• flickr.com/photos/youbebetty
« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2005, 07:14:00 am »

There's a difference between something "benign" like "yeah yeah yeah" and something that actually makes us stupider for hearing it like "this is my shit" and spelling bananas. [/b]
Stupider is NOT a word.    :)  

At Miss Stefani's defense:
 At least she KNEW that this album wasn't going to be any great stride.  She made it because she wanted to do something different, and I think that was clearly accomplished.  She didn't expect it to blow up the way it is.  Hell, when I heard the album at first; I didn't expect it to blow up that way...I always thought, "Hollaback, Girl is a really cute song," and NEVER figured that it would be a successful single, by any means.  The song wasn't even produced with that intent...it just kind of exploded that way.

The album isn't my favorite genre of music per se, but I won't bash it.  She did a good job.  

Gwen's got one of the most amazing and powerful voices out there, and if you can't respect anything else of hers, at least respect that: in a world of pre-recorded live performances and digitally enhanced...everything, Gwen Stefani has one of the most captivating voices to come out of music in the last 15 years that No Doubt has been together, and has not had one voice lesson.  Run-on sentance to the extreme.  

And I, for one, happen to think that No Doubt makes some damn good pop/punk/ska/new wave/reggae/whatyouwill.  I am always impressed that they take on new genres with almost every record, and refuse to classify themselves.  They put out what they like, and still remain to have this ginormous fanbase; and that, I would say, is pretty darn impressive.

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2005, 02:46:00 pm »
Originally posted by you be betty:

. [/b]
Stupider is NOT a word.     :)  

[/b]
Actually, it is...it may not be in the dictionary but it's still a word. !(£*%~} is not a word, but stupider is.

« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2005, 04:24:00 pm »
I find it strange that the father had to get a DNA test.

What? Is Gwen's sex life the stuff of a Maury Povich show?

« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2005, 04:30:00 pm »
If you read the article, you'll find that the DNA test refers to a 16 year old he fathered, not the current pregnancy.

Originally posted by Hanover Fiste:
  I find it strange that the father had to get a DNA test.

What? Is Gwen's sex life the stuff of a Maury Povich show?