Author Topic: Iceland Airwaves Festival  (Read 1462 times)

Arthwys

Iceland Airwaves Festival
« on: September 29, 2004, 08:40:00 pm »
Alright, crazy as this may sound it is true.  I have just won a trip out to Iceland for the Iceland Airwaves music festival happening 3 weeks from now.  All i did was watch The Still's video and answer a question and now apparently i'm off to the great white north!  My question here is....the festival is loaded with oodles of Icelandic bands I have never heard of.  The list of artists is on the webiste www.icelandairwaves.com/  If any of you have suggestions as to who I should check out while over there let me know, I'll give full report when I get back.  BTW i'm already planning on trying to catch Sahara Hotnights, Singapore Sling, The Bravery, The Stills, The Shins, Keane, and Tenderfoot.
Emrys

Barcelona

Re: Iceland Airwaves Festival
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2004, 08:46:00 pm »
Congratulations!

eltee

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2004, 10:31:00 pm »
That is great!

Leaves (http://www.leaves.tv/).

malkmess

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2004, 11:02:00 pm »
wow, that is so cool!

i've heard yourcodenameis:milo is good, but i haven't actually heard anything by them.

Jaguär

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2004, 02:05:00 am »
Magnet (aka Even Johansen) - very good.

Adem is boring unless you like a sort of British Will Oldham.

Hood are good too but be aware that they would be very boring for some. Kind of like a British Boards Of Canada but less Electronic.

Hey, apparently, I'm playing too!     :D

Fico

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2004, 10:24:00 am »
Originally posted by Arthwys:
  Alright, crazy as this may sound it is true.  I have just won a trip out to Iceland for the Iceland Airwaves music festival happening 3 weeks from now.  All i did was watch The Still's video and answer a question and now apparently i'm off to the great white north!  My question here is....the festival is loaded with oodles of Icelandic bands I have never heard of.  The list of artists is on the webiste www.icelandairwaves.com/  If any of you have suggestions as to who I should check out while over there let me know, I'll give full report when I get back.  BTW i'm already planning on trying to catch Sahara Hotnights, Singapore Sling, The Bravery, The Stills, The Shins, Keane, and Tenderfoot.
I saw Ulpa when I went some 3 years ago..they were pretty good..it's a great festival, have the time of yer life and don't skip a trip to the Blue Lagoon..