Author Topic: Strange Genres.  (Read 830 times)

Medusa

Strange Genres.
« on: July 19, 2004, 08:12:00 pm »
I just pulled up the song called "Like A Dolphin" by 14 Iced Bears (via RealPlayer), and in doing so, it listed this band as belonging to two genres: Twee Pop and Cuddlecore.

Cuddlecore?!  This last genre name cracked me up!  ;)   I have never heard of cuddlecore.  Has anyone else?  What other bands would belong to cuddlecore?

Cheers

DJ Medusa.

helicon1

Re: Strange Genres.
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2004, 08:22:00 pm »
I just learned about Grindcore ala Godflesh/Final or Jesu.

Bags

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2004, 09:21:00 pm »
I've heard of cuddlecore, and have a band called Cub that is cuddlecore (or so I was told).  Hmmm, what does it mean that the two cuddlecore bands we know are 14 Iced Bears and Cub...?

Sound is pretty indie pop -- sweet, upbeat, pretty simple (a little surf is in there...).  Chick singer, no complicated melodies/harmonies.

Venerable Bede

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2004, 09:49:00 am »
yup, cuddlecore was coined by the band (or fans of the band) cub.  i have all of their cds if anyone is at all interested in hearing what it sounds likes - sort of like a much happier, girl version of emo.  neko case used to drum for them.
OU812

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2004, 09:53:00 am »
talk about moving on to bigger and better things...

Originally posted by Venerable Bede:
  yup, cuddlecore was coined by the band (or fans of the band) cub.  i have all of their cds if anyone is at all interested in hearing what it sounds likes - sort of like a much happier, girl version of emo.  neko case used to drum for them.