Author Topic: Concrete Blonde Afterparty  (Read 865 times)

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
Concrete Blonde Afterparty
« on: July 26, 2004, 12:32:00 am »
So anyone else get out to the show?  Seeing as the club was only about 1/3 full probably not many.  I was eager to hear the band again in part because Johnette has a great voice and I wasn't disappointed.  During the opener my headphones were my best friend... And the DJ was pretty good to  ;)
T.Rex

Lamb007

Re: Concrete Blonde Afterparty
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2004, 09:52:00 am »
Solid show but I was shocked at the small turn out.  Nice covers of "Take Me To The River" and "Ghost Riders In The Sky."  Johnette is defintely one of the most underappreciated front(wo)men.  Still have fond memories of sneaking out of my parents house to see them at the old 9:30 in '87.

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2004, 10:01:00 am »
Did Concrete Blond have an audience the first time around? I mean, other than Guiny?

Shiverintheshadows

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2004, 10:34:00 am »
This was by far my favorite show of the three times I have seen them.  Johnette was in stunning voice last night.  Jim's guitar playing was as impressive as ever but I couldn't help but notice that he is starting to look like Joe Lieberman -- not a good thing.

I too was suprised at the turnout given that the 2002 concert at 9:30 was sold out well in advance of the show and people were clamoring for tickets outside.  It may have to do with the fact that the new album has received virtually no press.

"Take Me to the River" was amazing!