Author Topic: Flat Screen TVs?  (Read 7047 times)

brennser

Re: Flat Screen TVs?
« Reply #45 on: October 19, 2005, 10:13:00 pm »
Check out a panasonic plasma.  Most folks think they are by far the best in terms of bang for the buck.  
thanks chaz - this one looks promising

http://reviews.cnet.com/Panasonic_TH_42PHD7UY/4505-6482_7-31227415.html?tag=sub

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #46 on: October 19, 2005, 11:12:00 pm »
Originally posted by brennser:

Check out a panasonic plasma.  Most folks think they are by far the best in terms of bang for the buck.  

http://reviews.cnet.com/Panasonic_TH_42PHD7UY/4505-6482_7-31227415.html?tag=sub  [/b]
That's  a great set.  I just tried to pm you but your box was full.  Can't go wrong with a panasonic commercial display if you've already got a surround sound setup and a cable box.

thatguy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #47 on: October 20, 2005, 03:18:00 am »
Originally posted by vansmack:
 I would have ended your cute little song with "...to see me beat him down."
i realized this later, but i was too busy beating you down to focus on my lyrical skills.

brennser

« Reply #48 on: October 20, 2005, 10:14:00 am »
Originally posted by Chaz, Lover of all Forum Members:

Originally posted by brennser:

http://reviews.cnet.com/Panasonic_TH_42PHD7UY/4505-6482_7-31227415.html?tag=sub   [/b]
That's  a great set.  I just tried to pm you but your box was full.  Can't go wrong with a panasonic commercial display if you've already got a surround sound setup and a cable box. [/b]
thanks chaz

I cleared out my PMs - I do have a cable box but no surround sound - any thoughts?

BrettnotBritt

« Reply #49 on: October 20, 2005, 10:30:00 am »
I'd highly recommend  this system ... I have last year's 6.1 version (bought it refurbished 'natch) and the sound is amazing... plus Onkyo has an offer right now where they'll give you a free DVD player when you order it, not to mention free shipping, and another $10 off the entire total when you register (which is free)... basically, you get a 7.1 system and a DVD player for a grand total of $440, not too shabby

brennser

« Reply #50 on: October 20, 2005, 11:48:00 am »
Originally posted by anarchist:
  if anyone is still reading this i am in the b'cast tv biz.  if i was you i would get the best normal crt tv available.  $300 for a 32" is about right.  plasmas and lcds just don't have the res of a crt.  plus you can burn an image into them real easy.  like the bugs/logosfox box from networks.  all the big montitors are retros.  video projs aimed at a mirror that projects the image on the screen.  i have seen the best hdtv on tv trucks and i have never seen that pix anywhere else.  the pix at best buy, cc + myer emco always looks like shit.  occaisionally i go in there and i am amazed at how bad it looks.  unless you got $ to burn i would wait to see what happens and watch the prices fall.
based on the research I'm doing the burn in problem seems to be avoidable

and prices are falling - you can get a 42 inch plasma for about half what it costs 2  or 3 years ago

vansmack

« Reply #51 on: October 20, 2005, 12:36:00 pm »
Originally posted by thatguy:
  i realized this later, but i was too busy beating you down to focus on my lyrical skills.
Bitch, you're lucky I'm 3000 miles away, otherwise I'd run over there right now, find you, be reminded of how big you are and turn around and run back to where ever I started from.
27>34

thatguy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #52 on: October 20, 2005, 01:52:00 pm »
  Bitch, you're lucky I'm 3000 miles away, otherwise I'd run over there right now, find you, be reminded of how big you are and turn around and run back to where ever I started from.
i'm much smaller now.  c'mon over.

vansmack

« Reply #53 on: October 20, 2005, 05:06:00 pm »
  i'm much smaller now.  c'mon over.
Unless you're talking the 6'1, 140 lbs. kind of smaller, this still isn't going to be a very fair fight.
27>34

thatguy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #54 on: October 20, 2005, 05:20:00 pm »
  Unless you're talking the 6'1, 140 lbs. kind of smaller, this still isn't going to be a very fair fight.
did i say smaller?  i meant bigger.  and meaner. c'mon over.

vansmack

« Reply #55 on: October 20, 2005, 05:55:00 pm »
  did i say smaller?  i meant bigger.  and meaner. c'mon over.
Alright.  It's on like Donkey Kong.  But I'm warning you, I'm wiry for little guy!
27>34