Author Topic: Viva Las Vegas  (Read 9904 times)

Henry Dark

Re: Viva Las Vegas
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2003, 03:58:00 pm »
None of the things listed are my thing. Well people watching, but I couldn't imagine the people in Vegas to be that interesting to watch. And food, but I'm guessing it's not a vegetarian mecca.<P>   I did go to Reno once, and it was a horror show. I just imagine Vegas to be like Reno, but on a much grander scale.<P>   Guess that's the beauty of the world, there's a place for everyone to enjoy.<P><BR> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by scumpond:<BR><B> I never went to vegas until last year at the advanced age of 36. It was a great time: blackjack, drinking, shows at the House of Blues, hanging at the pool, drinking, people watching, good food, and some drinking as well.  I was up 20 hours a day for three days straight.  Don't knock till you try it?  But I agree, no to the hookers, I don't even need to try it...</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2003, 04:01:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Skaboss:<BR><B>Hey now.<BR>I'm going to be in LV at the end of this month, going to a place called the Huntridge Theatre to see some shows. I was wondering if anyone has been there, heard things about it. Seems to hold the same calliber shows as the 9:30 or so. At the same time if anyone has any other suggestions of things to do in town, let me know.<BR>Thanks.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Is The Huntridge the one thats north of the main drag?  If so I saw Dance Hall Crashers with a couple of bands with a load of merchandise to sell a few years back.  (real memorable acts they were)<P>The Huntridge is a vintage movie theatre (30/40s) thats been converted to a music hall.  The front section of seats was removed for a pit and the seats the rest of the way back.  It was a nice venue especially if you wanted to be able to sit.  I was very disappointed in the sound mix for the DHC bass player. It was muddy and just awful.<P>I remember the Sahara for having the least obnoxious canned music.  Lots of 50/60s classics.  There was a decent record store near there too...<BR>
T.Rex

vansmack

« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2003, 05:11:00 pm »
Did somebody say the Vegas?<P>Smackie loves Vegas.  I still go about 4 times a year (when I lived in LA I would go 12-15 times).<P>The Huntridge?<P>I'll be there friday (dropkick murphy's).  Been there before for punk shows.  It is north of the strip (just past the Sahara). <P>As for knocking vegas without trying it - not even listening.  words cannot describe Vegas.<P>If you're going to Vegas for the restaurants, you're going to Vegas for the wrong reasons.<P>Hookers are illegal in vegas, however brothels are legal in Nevada (there's a difference and I'm not going to go into it).  The Bunny Farm/Ranch is the only one I know of that still exists.  the feds used to own the Mustang Ranch but I think its shut down now.<P>Low stakes gambling is only in downtown these days and I recommend the Sahara as well and I also recommend the NASCAR racing game.  See if Vansmack still has the fastest time (I set it in August of 2002).<P>Hi stakes gambling is the only way to win a lot of money.  The poker tournament tables are a good way to drink for a long time and not lose a lot of money.<P>The Joint at the Hard Rock is the best place to see a concert and the bar in the middle is cool to hang out but it gets crowded really fast and there is a dress code.  the HOB is nice in Mandalay bay and the hottest chicks with clothes on are at Rum Jungle.  there will be a long line and the cover will be steep.  The rooftop Voodoo lounge atop the Rio is a party.  <P>The best place for beautiful women with their clothes off is Olympic Gardens.<P>What sets Vegas apart is the sports book.  this is sports dead time but NASCAR and the Tourney are starting up so it could be a good time.<P>that is all I have for you.  No go off and enjoy Vegas you heathens.<P>
27>34