Author Topic: ESL  (Read 3484 times)

colonoscopy

ESL
« on: February 11, 2003, 11:22:00 pm »
Actually my Dad intorduced me to the Eighteenth Street Lounge, but is it really worth getting all dressed up for...<P><BR>....and actually showering...<P><BR>cause it better be damn good to get me to do that.

poorlulu

Re: ESL
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2003, 11:41:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by colonoscopy:<BR><B>Actually my Dad intorduced me </B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>did that hurt...........? was that part of the colonoscopy?.............or is that just what he told you...........?  ouch

thirsty moore

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2003, 12:16:00 am »
A little while ago, I was asking the same questions as you on this same board.  I have had a good time at the 18th St. Lounge.  It can get pricey with the cover (if they decide to give you one) and the drinks.  I suggest going with a group of friends.  It's the nicest "club" I've been to.  <P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by colonoscopy:<BR><B>Actually my Dad intorduced me to the Eighteenth Street Lounge, but is it really worth getting all dressed up for...<P><BR>....and actually showering...<P><BR>cause it better be damn good to get me to do that.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>

Dandy01

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2003, 02:21:00 pm »
Thievery Corporation just opened a new vinyl store on P St. and did a little set to commemorate it this past Saturday.

Relaxer

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2003, 02:43:00 pm »
Be sure to wear good shoes...
oword

Henry Dark

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2003, 02:47:00 pm »
Is this a place where a hipster would be found?

Dandy01

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2003, 02:49:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Henry Dark:<BR><B>Is this a place where a hipster would be found?</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>are you planning on going?

Henry Dark

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2003, 02:51:00 pm »
I went there once, about 5 years ago. Wasn't my cup of tea. Still, probably preferable to a Cyndi Lauper show.<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dandy01:<BR><B> are you planning on going?</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>

Dandy01

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2003, 03:15:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Henry Dark:<BR><B>I went there once, about 5 years ago. Wasn't my cup of tea. Still, probably preferable to a Cyndi Lauper show.<BR></B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I thought you were referring to the store I mentioned.  I don't think the club is a bigger hipster hangout than any other club in DC.

J'Mal

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2003, 04:05:00 pm »
ESL is the greatest.  But go early or be prepared to bring women with you.

Celeste

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2003, 04:12:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dandy01:<BR><B>Thievery Corporation just opened a new vinyl store on P St. and did a little set to commemorate it this past Saturday.  </B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I think I saw that store...didn't know it was a Thievery Corporation thing...looked too "electronic" to lure me in...now I know why