Author Topic: RICHARD ASHCROFT @ 9:30  (Read 2987 times)

BLACKSTORM

RICHARD ASHCROFT @ 9:30
« on: February 12, 2003, 08:59:00 am »
I heard that Richard Ashcroft is going to tour North America in April and is planning to stop by the DC area. His last show at the 9:30 was stellar. Thoughts and Opinions?

markie

Re: RICHARD ASHCROFT @ 9:30
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2003, 11:31:00 am »
I wonder where you heard such a rumour.<P>Well I guess it wouldnt be a surprise. He has alredy toured UK and Europe for human conditions.<P>He is playing an odd date in London on 26th of March but then that seems to be it.<P>I for one would go, even though I am not a big fan of the new album.

vansmack

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2003, 12:10:00 pm »
While I agree with Markie about being let down with the new album, I will absolutely see him again after his last show at the 9:30.  Probably my favorite show of that year.  <P>He made me want to be a rockstar and drink lots of Stella.
27>34

traviswvu

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2003, 09:50:00 pm »
When was his last show here? (Just moved to the area last summer) Was it before or after Alone with Everybody?<P>Also, how does his new album compare with the last one? I thought Alone... was nice but was a little let down by it; suppose I was expecting something spectacular.<BR>

vansmack

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2003, 12:53:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by traviswvu:<BR><B>When was his last show here? (Just moved to the area last summer) Was it before or after Alone with Everybody?<P>Also, how does his new album compare with the last one? I thought Alone... was nice but was a little let down by it; suppose I was expecting something spectacular.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>February of 2001 to support "Alone With Everybody" which was released summer 2000 stateside.  It was just him and an acoustic guitar and he was brilliant.  His follow up album is not as good, but I will see him regardless based on his 2001 show.
27>34

markie

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2003, 01:14:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by vansmack:<BR><B> .  It was just him and an acoustic guitar and he was brilliant.    </B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>NOPE!<P>The last time he was at 930 he had a full band. The fit looking bird in the trendy blue glasses was he missus, wasnt she? Remember?<P>His show at 930 was Monday November 13th of 2000.<P>Did you get to see him somewhere else Smackie?

Fico

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2003, 01:22:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by markie:<BR><B> <BR>NOPE!<P>The last time he was at 930 he had a full band. The fit looking bird in the trendy blue glasses was he missus, wasnt she? Remember?<P>His show at 930 was Monday November 13th of 2000.<P>Did you get to see him somewhere else Smackie?</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>Markie he did play 930 behind Alone with Everybody as Vansmack stated.. it was just him, a percussionist, a keyboardplaying girl and a chap who played sax, flute, etc..<P>It was a great show, great vibe, great set.. wonderful.. he promised to be back with a few band but never did return, I don't think he did much touring in the UK either..<P>I have to say that Human Conditions has steadily grown on me and I hope he plays between April 12-20 when my birdie will be visiting.. she'd luv a surprise like that.. as of now musicwise all I can offer is the Music/Vines show... which is mediocre at best..<P>

markie

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2003, 01:35:00 pm »
Ok, well it wasnt just him and a guitar was it?<P>So Smackie was wrong.<P>I found my ticket stub: Mon Nov 13 2000<P>So shut up, blah blah blahblahblahblahblahblah<P>was the keyboard playing girl (in the trendy blue glasses) his missus?

vansmack

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2003, 02:06:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by markie:<BR><B>Ok, well it wasnt just him and a guitar was it?<P>So Smackie was wrong.<P>I found my ticket stub: Mon Nov 13 2000<P>So shut up, blah blah blahblahblahblahblahblah<P>was the keyboard playing girl (in the trendy blue glasses) his missus?</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>That show was postphoned due to illness and rescheduled to Feb 1, thus you are wrong.<P>See: <A HREF="http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1425020/11022000/ashcroft_richard.jhtml" TARGET=_blank>http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1425020/11022000/ashcroft_richard.jhtml[/url] <P>He was not playing with his full band that I saw him with in Eng-er-land, it was a much stripped down version and he played the majority of the show by himself with an acoustic guitar.  There were others there, but the majority of the show was him, by himself - it was no where near a full band.<BR>
27>34

Fico

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2003, 02:14:00 pm »
Either way, where did you hear about the US dates??<BR>