Author Topic: Bass player need for a new indie band in DC  (Read 2366 times)

JohnnyBritRocker

Bass player need for a new indie band in DC
« on: February 13, 2003, 12:58:00 pm »
Hey - I am starting a band, and am in need of a smart bass player than can fill out the line up- melodic bass- no flea bizwax, like Coldplay, Interpol, Wilco, Tortise, Stone Roses. Be in time with a solid drummer, willing to do Radiohead stuff to South, to DJ shadow, to the crooner ballad...the weeper. Also, look the part. Be able to handle a brew or two.  email me back at johnnybritrocker@yahoo.com

tenpercenter

Re: Bass player need for a new indie band in DC
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2003, 04:30:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JohnnyBritRocker:<BR><B> Also, look the part. Be able to handle a brew or two.  </B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>how should one "look the part?" what "part" would that be?<BR>

Henry Dark

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2003, 04:42:00 pm »
Please don't include Wilco with those other bands.<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JohnnyBritRocker:<BR><B>Hey - I am starting a band, and am in need of a smart bass player than can fill out the line up- melodic bass- no flea bizwax, like Coldplay, Interpol, Wilco, Tortise, Stone Roses. Be in time with a solid drummer, willing to do Radiohead stuff to South, to DJ shadow, to the crooner ballad...the weeper. Also, look the part. Be able to handle a brew or two.  email me back at johnnybritrocker@yahoo.com</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>

sonickteam2

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2003, 04:59:00 pm »
yeah, put Wilco with ........ music i want to hear after i go deaf  

markie

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2003, 05:05:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sonickteam2:<BR><B>yeah, put Wilco with ........ music i want to hear after i go deaf   </B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>AH! Something we can agree on, at long last.....

Fico

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2003, 05:16:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by tenpercenter:<BR><B> how should one "look the part?" what "part" would that be?</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>look the part... proper shoes, gig ready hair, swagger, bravado... a member of Oasis if you will...<P>