Author Topic: Sleater-Kinney/Blonde Redhead  (Read 1654 times)

walkman

Sleater-Kinney/Blonde Redhead
« on: February 14, 2003, 09:24:00 pm »
Going to see 'em in NY tomorrow night.  I've seen Sleater-Kinney twice before, but I missed Blonde Redhead when they were here.  Can anyone tell me what their show's like?

Samantha

Re: Sleater-Kinney/Blonde Redhead
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2003, 09:33:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by walkman:<BR><B>Going to see 'em in NY tomorrow night.  I've seen Sleater-Kinney twice before, but I missed Blonde Redhead when they were here.  Can anyone tell me what their show's like?</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I missed 'em too...didn't think the show would sell out...   I'm still way depressed about that  

walkman

Re: Sleater-Kinney/Blonde Redhead
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2003, 03:12:00 pm »
The show was amazing.  Sleater-Kinney were by far the best they've ever been...it was very political and very punk.  And they came out with Fortunate Son by CCR for the encore.  Blonde Redhead were also great.  I tried to pick up a copy of "Melody of Certain Damaged Lemons" after the show, and the guy staffing the merch booth wouldn't sell it to me because they were "closed." Luckily, Amadeo from the band was standing right next to me, so he grabbed an LP off the counter and handed it over.  Very cool.