Author Topic: Radiohead to play Bonnaroo?  (Read 1143 times)

ggw

Sage 703

Re: Radiohead to play Bonnaroo?
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2006, 05:13:00 pm »
the other side of this thread probably has a lot of merit.  I saw Radiohead when they played Grant Park in Chicago on the Amnesiac Tour, and the general feeling from both the band and the city was that it was a resounding success.  The band played three encores, including something like the third ever performance of True Love Waits.

So while I wouldn't think Radiohead would be a great fit at Bonnaroo...it would solidify the festival's crossover efforts between jam and indie/alternative rock.

Arlette

Re: Radiohead to play Bonnaroo?
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2006, 06:58:00 pm »
I think they are kind of a great fit.  Yes, Bonnaroo is a lot of hippies or hippie wannabees, but there is a very diverse group of people.  Radiohead is one of the few alternative/rock/whatever bands that some of the jamband fans like.  Having said that, I was at Bonnaroo last year and it was unbelievable how well some of the non-jambands were received.  Modest Mouse, Secret Machines, Rilo Kiley, Kings of Leon all had great crowds (packed, in very large spaces) and the people loved them.  

For these bands it's great, because they are exposed to an audience who wouldn't necessarily go to a club to see them.