Author Topic: Rock Star: Van Halen?  (Read 1308 times)

ggw

Rock Star: Van Halen?
« on: October 25, 2005, 01:14:00 pm »
Will Van Halen Be The Next 'Rock Star' Band?
 Source claims they will be â?? if there's a second season.
 10.19.2005 12:33 PM EDT

"Rock Star: INXS" was a gamble that paid dividends.

For CBS, it was a ratings win. For Mark Burnett, the producer behind "Survivor" and "The Apprentice," it bolstered his reputation as the King Midas of reality television. And the show has revived INXS's career: With new singer J.D. Fortune in tow, the group has returned to the charts with the single "Pretty Vegas"; Switch, the band's first LP since 1997, lands in stores on November 29; and a 22-date North American tour is slated to kick off in Canada on January 18 (see "INXS Insist Finding J.D. Was An 'Organic' Process, Think 'Angels Got Together' ").

The success of the first season aside, it remains to be seen whether "Rock Star" will return for a second season. But if the series is added to next summer's CBS lineup, expect to see Van Halen tapping into America's rock and roll pipeline for a new singer.

While a spokesperson for Van Halen said the band has no comment regarding pending projects, a source close to the show claimed that the core Van Halen trio â?? brothers Alex and Eddie Van Halen and bassist Michael Anthony â?? will be auditioning potential frontmen and women for the show's still-hypothetical second season. The winner would be stepping into the shoes â?? and, in one case, the chaps â?? previously worn by David Lee Roth, Sammy Hagar, and (briefly) former Extreme singer Gary Cherone.

The news follows weeks of rumors concerning potential "Rock Star" second-season bands, with Van Halen and even Alice in Chains being the popular frontrunners. Earlier this week, a spokesperson for Alice in Chains guitarist Jerry Cantrell scoffed at the notion that the band would even consider appearing on the show.

On Tuesday, "Rock Star: INXS" co-host and former Jane's Addiction guitarist Dave Navarro declined to discuss the show's future or confirm whether he's been approached to reprise his role for a second season. However, he did say, "Van Halen would be awesome â?? I'd just love to sit and hang with Ed."

And judging from Navarro's show-ending comments during the season finale â?? that the show had given him his "best summer ever" â?? it seems likely that he'd accept an offer to return.

"Not only did I get to hear some great rock songs every week, but I got to know all the guys in INXS and all the singers and hang out with them a lot," Navarro said. "I made some really great friends, and I also got to be a part of helping some artists reach out and touch their dreams. Whether or not they won the show wasn't the point; the point was they got to do their craft in front of millions of people. [INXS are] going to be members of my musical family forever, and hopefully I'll be the same for them."

I Want My MTV

Bags

Re: Rock Star: Van Halen?
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2005, 04:07:00 pm »
Van Halen Not Lined Up For Rock Star Sequel

From Monsters and Critics.com

Smallscreen News
 Van Halen not lined up for Rock Star sequel
 By WENN
 Oct 24, 2005, 19:00 GMT

Rockers Van Halen have ruled themselves out of the sequel to hit US reality series Rock Star: Inxs, insisting they were never involved in the project.

The Jump hitmakers were touted as the group to follow Inxs in looking for a singer on a TV talent contest - but Eddie Van Halen insists it isn't something they'd be interested in, even though the supergroup is currently without a frontman.

Singer-less grunge rockers Alice In Chains are reportedly the name high on producers' wish lists to feature in Rock Star 2, but a spokesman for the group insists they're not interested either. The Them Bones hitmakers lost their singer Layne Staley to a drug overdose in 2002.

muschi

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2005, 04:27:00 pm »
that would be awesome, id actually watch that and i hate reality shows.

some-body get me a vod-kaaaaaaaaa!!!!!
 ohhhhh yeaaa-ahhh!
 some-body get me a scnapps!!!!!

[kiss]

TheWaz

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2005, 11:32:00 am »
check this out, eddie vans guitar setup: http://guitargeek.com/rigview/258/

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2005, 11:34:00 am »
so will be eddie be playing tuba from now on?
T.Rex

smakawhat

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2005, 03:28:00 pm »

saintangelsin

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2005, 06:45:00 pm »
rockstar: van halen would totally rock my socks. i watched the inxs one all this summer and that was insanely addictive and i'm a huge inxs fan too haha. i hate reality tv though. but still, it's amusing. that show gives people like me the hopes of being a rockstar someday. they make it look so bloody easy. haha.