Author Topic: The Mars Volta in Baltimore  (Read 3293 times)

Bags

Re: The Mars Volta in Baltimore
« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2005, 05:27:00 pm »
Originally posted by BadSushi:
 there was a major surge in Paxil prescriptions when Guided by Voices performed their last tour...ask your parents who those last two groups are...and welcome to the forum.  
It's like a dagger through the heart; you just had to bring that up, eh, BadSushi!    ;)  

There are maybe two people who will be kind to you - used to be three - but one left for the woods...
Wait wait, are you saying walkonby was one of the friendly forumites?  I'd say that you have to be able to understand his posts to determine that he's friendly, and that's a stretch for most regulars, let alone newbies!

Bags

« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2005, 05:37:00 pm »
Okay, the discussion of the ATDI lineage boosting Mars Volta's popularity I find funny -- ATDI does not have the heft to put a related band on the Billboard charts....

I've never even heard a Mars Volta song, that I know of (as an aside, in the midst of a discussion about why they're so popular).

vansmack

« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2005, 06:25:00 pm »
Originally posted by amnesiac:
  Maybe they had a song on the OC...
Negative.
27>34

Bartelby

« Reply #33 on: August 23, 2005, 06:53:00 pm »
Originally posted by general grievous:

Originally posted by nkotBaba:
  Not that I want to try to get inside Sushi's though process, but I think she meant to (or should have) quoted Julian's response.  Is the quote function really that difficult to master?
it is for an insane person [/b]
Wow, I think we just discovered another one of Hoya's clones....See what I mean about freekin' mean bastards on this website?

ratioci nation

« Reply #34 on: August 23, 2005, 07:10:00 pm »
Originally posted by BadSushi:
  Wow, I think we just discovered another one of Hoya's clones....See what I mean about freekin' mean bastards on this website?
you take plenty of shots at people, dont act like you are ms. innocent

Bartelby

« Reply #35 on: August 23, 2005, 07:19:00 pm »
That's Mrs. Innocent to you; but no, other than Hoya, I haven't. I've accused people of being philistines, intolerant, sexist, bigoted, narrow-minded, mean...but not: insane, cock sucker, demented, stupid or any other of the recently insulting labels I've been called...but, that's what happens when one gets into the sandbox with (patronizing) bullies.

dlcjr1775

« Reply #36 on: August 25, 2005, 03:52:00 am »
Amen! Next time I'll be sure to check with you before I decide what kind of music I should like.

I like this kid already...