Author Topic: Wakefield/AAR/Homegrown  (Read 3436 times)

TheJackal

Wakefield/AAR/Homegrown
« on: February 25, 2003, 08:24:00 pm »
That concert was awesome, I got crowdsurfed 4 1/2 times! (Half being when someone dropped me) Pretty d@mn sweet. Anybody else on here go to last night's concert?

TheJackal

Re: Wakefield/AAR/Homegrown
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2003, 08:49:00 pm »
Nobody on these board saw em? You gotta be kiddin me!!

BOOMERANG1313

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2003, 08:53:00 pm »
Yeah I heard the show was insane! What I would give to see AAR perform Paper Heart and Swing, Swing live!

es9450a

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2003, 12:31:00 am »
I was there for AAR and Riddlin Kids.  Both of them were really really good.  I left becuz, well to be honest, who gives a shit about Wakefield or Homogrown?

TheJackal

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2003, 12:57:00 am »
those were actually the best of them all man<BR>I liked em more then riddlin kids, and as much as AAR

myuman

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2003, 07:37:00 am »
Yep... crowdsurfing is all about the music... I hate crowdsurfing.

es9450a

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2003, 11:57:00 am »
I hate crowd surfers.  Especially people over 130 lbs that think theyre gonna be able to stay up there.  I had some monstrous beast of a girl ask me to lift her to crowd surf.  I tried three times, I could barely get her off the ground.  The worst part was, the front right in front of the stage was mostly made up of smaller girls, so anyone who got lifted in the middle of the crowd probably fell onto those girls and caused a mess.

TheJackal

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2003, 12:16:00 pm »
Well i'm 140 and I stayed up there, but my friend who is like 170 didn't, but I did fine, I hate fat people who think they can though, the same thing happened to my friend at the concert, some fat girl was trying to crowd surf and got dropped, fuqqin hilarious

DJOmniscient

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2003, 01:14:00 pm »
Yeah, I went to the show. It was fuckin rad... I saw all 4 bands, and saved this girls life by catching her instead of letting her land straight on her head and break her neck. lol, anyway... I'm tryin to go to the Sum 41 etc show on March 9th.  

Disaffection

• http://www.mp3.com/disaffection
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2003, 04:21:00 pm »
I was at the same show in Charlotte - awesome bill. I wish I couldve seen it at 930 (my hometown club) - tremont music hall pales in comparison. I was a little disappointed in the Riddlin Kids, but the mix wasnt very good during their set.  Wakefield was pretty damn good for a band I had never really heard of before.  All-American Rejects had a ton of energy and tyson ritter has an amazing voice. Homegrown always puts on a good show, but their set was pretty short.<P>The one thing i lamented was the myriad of teenie boppers at the show. Who ever though that at 19, I would be among the oldest people there? Who knows, maybe it was just a NC thing. I figure all of the little kids who say Homegrown open for GC back in the fall came back when Homegrown was the headliner... just a thought.