Author Topic: Earplugs  (Read 2256 times)

Bags

Re: Earplugs
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2007, 06:26:00 pm »
Originally posted by Sir HC:
  Foam work well for me, and the price is right.
I have no idea why, but I cannot stand the foam ones.  In a pinch, I'd rather wad up a cocktail napkin....

secretsquirrel

« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2007, 08:47:00 pm »
Originally posted by Bags:
  I have no idea why, but I cannot stand the foam ones.  In a pinch, I'd rather wad up a cocktail napkin....
That's what I do too. Seems to work pretty well.

Chip Chanko

« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2007, 10:05:00 pm »
I tenth these...have been using them for a few years now. Got mine from earinc.com but I think cheaper direct from etymotic (didn't know that at the time).

Originally posted by azaghal1981:
  I got the ones sweetcell recommend on here a few weeks ago. Been loving them. $12 Etymotic Research ones.
Ditto.  Love them and bought them for my whole music posse.  Kosmo, I really do have an extra pair for you if you're interested (I bought a dozen, and a few friends already had them.) [/b]

terry

« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2007, 08:51:00 am »
Originally posted by K8teebug:
  I just got the earlove earplugs and they're nice.
I bought them directly from earlove as well. I think you save a couple of bucks ordering through them:

http://www.earlove.net/index1.html

They come in a rainbow of colors. I got the blue, it complements the bloodshot in my eyes.

Sir HC

« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2007, 09:19:00 am »
Originally posted by chasef:

That's what I do too. Seems to work pretty well. [/b]
My only guess would be ear canal size, if yours are relatively small, then they could irritate you.

secretsquirrel

« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2007, 05:49:00 pm »
Well the foam doesn't really irritate me, I'm just too cheap to buy the foam ones and keep track of them/save them for another time.   :p

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2007, 09:27:00 pm »
I just used my first pair of Hearos "high fidelity" earplugs at the Mastodon show at Sonar last week.  Did a very good job.  Presume they're comparable to the Etymotic Research plugs.  Anyone tried both brands and have a preference?

indefinitely

« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2007, 01:11:00 am »
Can you buy the Etymotic plugs at any area brick and mortar stores? Actually, any of the non-foam ones would probably do. Thanks.