Author Topic: Renoir Landscapes  (Read 1517 times)

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
Renoir Landscapes
« on: September 18, 2007, 09:00:00 pm »
At the Philadelphia Museum of Art, the largest gathering of Renoir landscapes ever displayed in the US will be presented from Oct. 4th thru January 6th. Anyone else planning on trekking up to see this? $25.

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
Re: Renoir Landscapes
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2007, 10:27:00 pm »
In one of my previous lines of work (before I got all coola nd all) I was an auditor for the state of virginia.  I worked in the agency that went out and audited other agencies around the state.  Luckily I was assigned to run the audit of the virginia museum of fine arts.  for a three week period i had full run off all the vaults and storage facilities.  Among the cooler shit I saw (and catully got to hold) were works by WInslow Homer, Andy Worhol, and Ansel Adams.  That was the only three weeks of that career window that I actually enjoyed!
FUKIT

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2007, 10:33:00 pm »
http://www.philamuseum.org/exhibitions/260.html

i didn't know about this, thanks for bringing it up.

i'd be interested in joining a group outing if others want to meet up.  maybe we could make it the same day as a show in philly, and take in both painting and music.  i suppose that if we wanted to do this on a saturday afternoon, we might need to get tickets sooner rather than later.

you get a free ticket to the renoir exhibit if you buy a museum membership, which is only $35 for students - a good deal.  definitely worth it if you live near phily or go there with any frequency (and, of course, like big art museums)
<sig>

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2007, 10:40:00 pm »
I was going Tuesday 10/23 before Smashing Pumpkins, but I'm sure that's good for no one else.  :(  Depending on how great it is, I might be up for going twice though.

bearman🐻

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2007, 08:29:00 am »
Give us a full report, I'm definitely going to check it out next time I'm in Philly, hopefully soon.