Author Topic: Unbelievably Lame  (Read 2405 times)

ayates

Re: Unbelievably Lame
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2007, 08:50:00 am »
That's why I hate seeing these big bands in even larger venues.  All they do is play their regurgitated set list, say, "Thank you <insert city name>, goodnight!", and leave.  

I like The Police but do I really need to hear Roxanne or Message In A Bottle live?  No.

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2007, 10:18:00 am »
Not sure what all the hullabaloo is all about, it's just another 80's band reunion tour.

The Police were once categorized by one magazine as 'blue eyed reggae' which I found pretty accurate, and in the words of the great one 'reggae is vile' then he continued to say "it's music for the mentally deranged" I believe. So it is rather uncomplicated music, that's why these shitty pub bands cover them so much. "walking on the moon - Da doo doo da da diddy diddy - Roxanne etc."

Having said all that, I like some reggea, Steel Pulse, Marley (of course) and of course UB40 when they're performing their own songs.I thought the first two Police albums were excellent, then I got rather bored with them.

vansmack

« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2007, 07:05:00 pm »
Originally posted by yinzer:
    let's be honest, these are not the most complicated arrangements for a competent band to play,  
That's one of the more ridiculous things I've read on the board in a while.
27>34

vansmack

« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2007, 07:08:00 pm »
Originally posted by le sonick:
  i'm starting to think you have something against Canadians.

perhaps i'll develop a general disdain for lawyers.
Just busting your chops a little extra during the Stanley Cup.

As for lawyers, you're talking to one of the most non-traditional lawyers in history.  I was never even sworn in after passing the bar because of the current state of the profession.
27>34

RustyOrgan

« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2007, 10:25:00 am »
Fuck The Police.