Author Topic: News From Idlewild  (Read 1185 times)

sonickteam2

News From Idlewild
« on: August 11, 2004, 12:45:00 pm »
article

Idlewild Scottish Murmurers, Idlewild, have announced that their fourth LP has been completed. The band, who are back in the UK, recorded their new album in Los Angeles with producer Tony Hoffer who has previously worked with Beck and Air.
 Fans will have to wait a while longer though as the album isn't expect to be out before 2005. The record still has to be mixed in addition to running too close to the dreaded 'Christmas market' (Best Of Robbie Williams, that kind of thing). However, a single might be released before the turn of the year.

Speaking on his online diary, singer Roddy Woomble revealed that Walkman guitarist Paul Maroon had been in the studio during recording and had 'played some piano which sounds excellent'. Of the record, Woomble said "at the moment all I know is we're making a very cool sounding recordâ?¦ when it comes out, it will make me happy." He added; "and if you've been waiting for this record for a while now. I think it will be worth the wait."

malkmess

Re: News From Idlewild
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2004, 01:33:00 pm »
that's exciting! the idlewild show last summer was amazing, i hope they tour again soon for the new album!

imaginarycolors

Re: News From Idlewild
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2004, 04:43:00 pm »
that's awesome, I liked their last album and i saw them at Fletcher's in Baltimore and it rocked