Author Topic: Carling Cup Footie  (Read 855 times)

vansmack

Carling Cup Footie
« on: October 28, 2003, 06:41:00 pm »
Damn Mankie (or anyone else who is interested)!!!

Did you listen the matches today?  

Even on internet radio the Arsenal shootout that they won 8-9 was amazing to listen to (though I was praying for a different result) and the 3 goal second-extra period for Leeds-United made for quite the afternoon!
27>34

ChampionshipVinyl

Re: Carling Cup Footie
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2003, 08:23:00 pm »
Thank goodness for Sylvain Wiltord

mankie

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2003, 03:53:00 pm »
Originally posted by Baltimore:
  Thank goodness for Sylvain Wiltord
Why, is that the crystal glass company that makes the Carling Cup?

vansmack

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2003, 08:15:00 pm »
Mankie, did you see this?

Gazza eager for Premiership chance

Paul Gascoigne is keen for one more crack at top-flight football in England after making his competitive return for Wolves' reserves tonight.

The former England midfielder put in a full 90 minutes in the 3-1 defeat against Sunderland at Telford United's Bucks Head ground.

'I have been enjoying training, but playing is a different kettle of fish,' the 36-year-old told Wolves' official website. 'It was tough but very enjoyable. I didn't have to be outstanding, I just needed to put a shift in and come away pleased with my efforts.

'I need more games to get my fitness up, but Dave Jones has been brilliant and has been telling me not to push myself but to just keep plugging away. You have to give the man credit for having the bottle to take me on.

'I never thought I would be able to have one more crack at it. It would be great if something comes of this, but if not there is always the option of Dubai.'
27>34