Author Topic: Scissor Sisters  (Read 2291 times)

richva1959

Scissor Sisters
« on: January 14, 2005, 05:30:00 pm »
So, how was the DC show? The show in Philly last night was HOT and 90 folks got to meet them in person after the show. Did they do that in DC as well?

Dahlia

Re: Scissor Sisters
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2005, 06:39:00 pm »
Their SNL performance scared me   :(

richva1959

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2005, 06:44:00 pm »
Why? They are the hottest band in England. Wish they would come to Richmond. Shame to have to drive all the way to Philly to see a band.

Dahlia

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2005, 07:01:00 pm »
I was drunk and witnessed their performance of "Comfortably Numb" on a 13 inch tv and thought it was a skit  :confused:

Shadrach

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2005, 07:34:00 pm »
I'm not a big fan, but I thought they put on an entertaining show. However, their cover of "Comfortably Numb" is one of the worst covers I've ever heard. Some songs should never have a disco beat added to them.

Dahlia

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2005, 07:59:00 pm »
The guy's outfit clinched it for me.

snailhook

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2005, 08:00:00 pm »
I'm not a big fan, but I thought they put on an entertaining show. However, their cover of "Comfortably Numb" is one of the worst covers I've ever heard. Some songs should never have a disco beat added to them.
i'll reword shadrach's quote to reflect my thoughts:

I'm not a fan, but I thought they put on an entertaining show. However, their cover of "Comfortably Numb" is one of the worst covers I've ever heard. Some songs should never have a disco beat added to them, ESPECIALLY one of pink floyd's best songs on psychological pain/confusion.

i never liked 1977 bee gees, and i just can't get into the scissor sisters. admittedly, they do put on an entertaining show, but i do believe they have two minutes of their fifteen left.

andyrichter

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2005, 10:51:00 pm »
Originally posted by Dahlia:
  Their SNL performance scared me    :(  
haha.  I was thinking the same thing.

richva1959

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2005, 11:26:00 pm »
Hey snailhook...you might not like the cover, but guess what...did you hear this? "Pink Floyd fans may not have liked the irreverent (some would say sacrilegious) approach, but Roger Waters and David Gilmour apparently did, Shears says. "When it charted in England, they both contacted Polydor and gave us their blessing . . . and asked for albums and pictures. We never asked permission or anything, we just put it out. I think they appreciated the fact that we did something to their song that they probably never expected."... from the Washington Post
 And, now its been nominated for a grammy. I hope their 15 minutes last a long time.

mustourdman

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2005, 11:42:00 am »
I thought the show was just OK, and several people in the crowd were WAY too pushy, but I did appreciate the band's interaction with the audience. It's not like I have some need to hear "Hello, Washington, DC!" between every song, but I've seen too many acts lately that are just 'too cool' to say anything to the crowd.

People complain about DC crowds not getting into the shows, but half the bands I've seen here are just as sterile on stage. Scissor Sisters at least made the breaks between songs fun.

dtqjr

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2005, 01:36:00 am »
http://www.fmforums.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=17429

This is from the SS DVD.  Check out the dude's weenie.