Author Topic: Seth, Any chance of Steve Earle in Oct?  (Read 1337 times)

TheNomad

Seth, Any chance of Steve Earle in Oct?
« on: August 18, 2003, 01:56:00 pm »
He's playing NY on Oct. 26 and Harrisburg PA on Oct. 30th according to his website, so he's in the area with some free time.  His shows always seem to sell well at the club.

Also, checking back into Sloan.  Any chance of that working out sometime?

Re: Seth, Any chance of Steve Earle in Oct?
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2003, 02:18:00 pm »
Steve needs to put out a new non-political album to get my attention back. Don't know if he'd sell as many tickets this time around, because he doesn't have any new material, and I wasn't too fond of his last album.

TheNomad

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2003, 04:36:00 pm »
Rhett, I sort of agree.  If you went to the last show he did at the Club you sort of saw the problem.  He did a bunch of new stuff for the first half and it was boring, but the second half of the show was all the old rockin tunes, by old I mean Transcendental and earlier with some but not a lot of pre-prison, and it cranked.  Hence the dilemna of an Earle concert these days.  Still, I'd be fired up for it and I still think he'll sell well.

ggw

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2003, 04:44:00 pm »
Originally posted by Rhett Miller:
  Steve needs to put out a new non-political album to get my attention back. Don't know if he'd sell as many tickets this time around, because he doesn't have any new material, and I wasn't too fond of his last album.
I think he needs to get back on the horse and maybe spend a stretch in the clink.

Sir HC

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2003, 11:27:00 am »
He just came to Merriweather opening for Jackson Browne.  Was much better than Browne but not great.