Author Topic: Music trends Ipod or CDs?  (Read 1303 times)

cbmusicjunkie

Music trends Ipod or CDs?
« on: January 15, 2005, 05:23:00 pm »
I have an I pod and A large selection of CDs and records. I love each of them for different reasons, what do you like better and why?

rcspang

Re: Music trends Ipod or CDs?
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2005, 06:43:00 pm »
I find iPods and CDs are too much trouble. I have only so many hours in the day that I can listen to music, so I listen to some radio, XM satellite (where I can see who is playing) and I hit my downloads. Sometime I burn a hits CD or the last 20 random songs that I have collected and play it in the car. I also watch to see what others are downloading from me and if it is something that I like, I browse their files and pick some songs at random. If it is good, I will sometimes get the CD. (How does this differ from listening to the radio or watching MTV (well, back when MTV played music)?)

I have wasted TOO much money on CDs where there really is only one good song, so I like to check it out first by d/l'ing selections.

Also, I am not a kid, so my outlook is probably way different. I work a lot and don't have a lot of free time....

lionforce5

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2005, 01:34:00 am »
Generally I prefer listening to things on the mp3 player...it can be a bit of a hassle to transfer the songs from cd to mp3 format and then to the player, but once they're on there I can just copy the files to my storage drive and box up the cds for another day...saves me space and gets rid of the eyesore of CD cases.

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2005, 11:01:00 am »
CDs.  Call me old fashioned?

Nope.  It's because I listen mostly while in the car.  At home it's mp3s, mostly.

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2005, 04:08:00 pm »
Originally posted by cbmusicjunkie:
  I have an I pod and A large selection of CDs and records. I love each of them for different reasons, what do you like better and why?
I've transferred all my music into digital format, at 60gb and growing ... there's absolutely no comparison to having them as vinyl ... having everything organized by year, genre, preference, mood, etc, and being able to make dynamic playlists is just unbelievable ...
(o|o)